• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Afterstorm: Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Some time ago I had an idea. What if nerzhul was killed in the end of the Second War? Draenor would survive... So I created this world. This is the prologue, I plan to make short stories. This may become a campaign or Legacy Reborn. Right now... I hope you will like it.

Afterstorm: Beginning

«Another war with the orcs... the Second War. We, the Alliance Expedition, traveled through the dreaded Dark Portal, to the realm of orcs… Draenor. Our mission was to retrieve artifacts that orcs stole from Azeroth, and stop whatever it is their doing. As we pressed on, we explored the mysterious new world. Soon we discovered the dark truth – the orcs stole the artifacts to create dimensional gateways, to invade other worlds. Even though the treacherous Laughing Skull clan stole the Book of Medivh from the Black Temple, it couldn’t stop Ner’zhul, who still possessed enough knowledge, to open the rifts. The Laughing Skull clan would give us the book in exchange for the help in helping them get control of the northern Draenor – Blade’s Edge Mountains and lush Fields of Farahlon. We agreed to do it, but then I felt something. I had this… feeling, that Ner’zhul is going to open the rifts at his own, and rip the world apart, and Azeroth with it! From that day, I think what that strange sense was. It was nothing short of… a miracle. I remember how I had a vision in Karazhan… a vision of me in Draenor, fighting the orcs. We sieged Ner’zhuls hideout, just in time. As we were going there, the sky has started tearing apart and rifts into the Twisting Nether appeared. We destroyed the orcs, and Ner’zhul embraced his destiny. Death. But we felt the earth tremble and the rifts were still open, though Ner’zhul hasn’t completed his spellwork. We quickly traveled to the Dark Portal, and closed it forever! With the gateways not open and the Dark Portal not destroyed, we had no way to escape the dying world. The storm continued. The elements were in fury, the oceans and earth trembled. But soon the storm ended. After the storm we were lost in Draenor. Many orcs left to Azeroth before we closed the Portal. The Hellfire Citadel, abandoned, in ruins. We united with the rest of the Expedition, and prepared to fight for survival. We retreated to our fortresses: dwarves and gnomes to Wildhammer Citadel, which became their new capital. The high elves, and some of lordaeronians settled in Allerian Stronghold, which became the home of the elves. Mages of Dalaran have made their home, on the shores of Farahlon, in the peaceful village of Kirin’Var.
Proud humans of Stromgard, Lordaeron and Stormwind settled in Honor Hold – the seat of human power. But the orcs, even without their leader continued to fight us, and we would all be killed, if it wasnt for those, who were thought to be dead even by the orcs...»
«After the corruption of the orcs, we lived in Zangarmarsh for years… hiding. The plan Velen created was a success… if what happened to us can be called that. We – the Exiled Ones, or the draenei in our native tongue, have suffered greatly from the orcs, who almost destroyed us. We lived in small villages and fortress Telredor in Zangarmarsh. As for my kind… the Krokul, the Broken… we too lived in Zangarmarsh. But one day something changed… the sky turned red and purple… we saw the Nether, and felt the earth tremble… but soon the pains of the world ended, as the rifts closed. After that Velen, our leader, the Prophet called a meeting… he said that something happened, that wasn’t supposed to be. He said that it is time, to retake our lands. But as we left the swamps, we found out that we weren’t the orcs’ only enemy. Races from another world, that orcs attacked came here, and fought them as well. However they weren’t able to hold on much longer… we came, and aided them. Together we defeated the orcs, and reclaimed our lands! My dream became true – I saw the dreaded Black Temple become my beloved Temple of Karabor! Soon we started healing the lands of Hellfire Peninsula and Shadowmoon Valley. Our new allies were proven to be strong, wise and proud. I was one of first who came in the Black Temple to restore its beauty and tranquility. But the threat of orcs was not gone…»
«After the loss of Elder Shaman, the Horde has lost much power. Grom Hellscream and his Warsong clan ran in Azeroth. The treacherous Laughing Skull clan stole the book of crazened human wizard who opened the gates to Azeroth, and gave it to Alliance, in return for protection and help. Betrayers! The Alliance made a great resistance, and even destroyed Hellfire Citadel! However we would have crushed the pity humans, if it wasn’t for the draenei. We thought that we destroyed all of them, but they hid in Zangarmarsh for ages! With their help, the Alliance scum retook many of draenei temples and cities, and pushed us back. We were weak… without Ner’zhul and many clans; we couldn’t fight them at our full strength. But soon we found that Alliance and the draenei aren’t our only enemies…»
«As the remnants of the Horde, tried to fight Alliance, we remembered what being an orc was used to mean. We returned to our traditions and heard the voice of elements once again! Slowly the bloodrage faded. But we found a new enemy – our fellow orcs. Crazened by the betrayal, they wanted to destroy us. In this hard time we found a new ally – the broken draenei. They accepted our redemption as their own, and helped us survive. Soon, we also managed to create neutrality with the Alliance and the draenei. With their help we cleansed Hellfire Peninsula and Shadowmoon Valley. Now they are lush grassland and a part of tranquil Terrokar Forest. We – the Orcish Clans. But the peace was yet to come…»
«Long have we been hiding. Long have been watching. And now, when the orcs are shattered it is our time. We have come down from Skethyl Mountains, to bring the word of Terokk to other races. But first we agreed to cleanse Shadowmoon Valley from maddened elements and corruption. Then we returned our veils across Draenor, and continued our wait for Terokk’s return. The forests were cleansed, and were once again ours. We – arakkoa, returned… and so shall Terokk return to this world… soon. »
«With Laughing Skull clans help we – ogres, defeated the Gronn! Many ogres still serve Gruul, but with Mogors help we get free! Mok’nathal help us, and now we live in Blade’s Edge Mountains. We have to fight strong dragons that now live here! But we strong! They fly but they not defeat us! »
«After Deathwing left Draenor, the eggs he left at his lair remained… touched by the nether when the rifts opened, but they didn’t change. One day they hatched… black dragons. But without their fathers guidance there wasn’t evil in them. One day a group of black dragons from Blades Edge Mountains arrived. They talked about Deathwing, his deeds and what should black dragons be like. Young dragons didn’t like what they heard. They said the black dragons that they need to leave. They sought revenge against they young ones. But the black dragons didn’t only talk about the evil of Deathwing. They also remembered him as the keeper of earth. The first of the young dragons called himself in honor of what his father Neltharion the Earth Warder used to be before he became Deathwing – Neltharaku. With his mate he ruled the new dragonflight of Draenor. They called themselves true dragons of Draenor. Neltharaku described their black color «the night moments before the sunrise». So he named their new legacy the Sunrise dragonflight. Deathwing’s lair now called Sunrise Spire became their home, from which they became the war with foul Blackwing dragons of Blade’s Edge Mountains, still loyal to Deathwing. Soon they found out that the races the Blackwings mentioned lived in peace. They became allies and draenei and races of Alliance went to the Islands of Devouring Sea where the Spire was. Now I – Neltharaku and my brothers and sisters are the keepers of this world. »
«Lost in this world we created new legacies, found new homes. Still we can’t return to Azeroth, but perhaps it is our fate… my fate. I – Khadgar will lead us… if I will understand this feeling… that this all isn’t right… that it all wasn’t supposed to be. Like… Draenor really was going to be destroyed, but something changed. And after the storm we will find the answers...»

Level 23
Hurray! ^^
Oh, and here is the map:
160705-albums1970-picture18643.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.