• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aerial Ass Kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Aerial Ass Kicking

The concept is simple. Change altitude to avoid damage. Bombs damage planes at low altitude, and Missiles damage planes at high altitude.

Interceptor:

Fast-moving, Missile attack, Steath.

Bomber:

Slower, Bomb Attack, Speed Burst.

Future Concepts: Features not yet implemented, necessary, and features I hope to introduce.

A player will be able to choose one of two airplanes at the start of the game, and may repick before spawning (when killed). The airplane will retain the hero level obtained by the player. Skills points will be refunded so that players may learn the skills of the different planes.

I had many ideas for new skills but they were never fully realized. Fortunately for you, this game is so bland right now that there leaves loads of opportunity for creating and blending new skills and ideas.

A multiboard that tracks individual kills and team kills. The team with the most kills at the end of 5 minutes wins. The problem with this is the way I created the Missile ability. Missiles are units that are spawned when the ability is selected. They are similar to Goblin Sappers where they follow the closest enemy and explode. They last only a limited amount of time. If the missile kills someone the point will be awarded to Player 11, or 12 (two computer teams that control the missiles units). I didn't want a player to be able to control missiles so they were made computer allies.

After a game is completed the host has an option to restart the timer and the game.

Download this map and play around with it! Hopefully someone will make a finished version.

Attachments

• (12)AerialAssKicking.w3x
    220.2 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.