• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adythewolf's RPG System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello.
======
My RPG system is simple and easy to use, all in GUI.

First Off, I wont create any map or even triggers for example. I will let advanced users do that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ABOUT: My RPG system is about equiping items like weapons, shields, ..... , pets(whatever). And beign able to disequip.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RPG System:
1)First off, you will need to have your items created. I will use a "BoardSword" as my item. Create 1 ability called "Equip" and give it to the "BoardSword". Make sure that the sword(or any item) wont give you stats before you equip it, so remove the "+attack" thing. ALSO: make sure that is an usable item. with the posibillity to be used.

2)Create a spell book called Equipement and give it to the unit. No spells in it, yet.

3)Create NEW abilities and name them: "No Sword Equipped yet."; "No Shileld Equiped yet." and so on. Give them the appropiate icon. Then add them to the spell book.

4)Create NEW abilities and name them the name of your equipalble items. For example: "BoardSword." Give it a long tooltip, with a short history and about the item.

5)Go to triggers. Create a new trigger called Equip. set the event to: Unit - Generic unit uses an item.
Conditions:
Item - Item class = permanent(use permanent only for the equipable ones, k? )
and now the actions:
If then else - IF: Item type = BoardSword; Boolean - Sword Equipped = False (sword equiped is a variable i use to determine if the player has a sword already equiped.)
THEN:remove ability - "No Sword Equipped (from spell book)" from unit.
Add Ability:Board Sword to unit.
Set variable - Sword Equipped = True.

That will be about it. I know it asks for alot of work, because my "tutorial" leaks many times, but this was a dream I had. I know that someone will figure it out how, so who does, please release a small map :D

=====================================================
REMEMBER :fp: (C) ADYTHEWOLF

Status
Not open for further replies.