• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spellbook based item system isnt working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I made an item system where you use an item, and an ability gets added to the spellbook "equipped items" which gives stat bonuses and stuff. You click the ability to "unequip", getting the item back in your inventory. after that, if you equip the item again, it removes the item but doesn't put it in the spellbook.

I won't be surprised if there's no way to fix this, but i'll appreciate any help.
also, i realise this wouldn't work universally if it was in an RPG or something, but ill fix that if i can get the stupid spellbook to work :cool:

Attachments

• Cool new item system.w3x
    13.9 KB · Views: 49
Level 6
Check similiar systems in the resources for directions/examples on how to make this kind of system.

Also read through this thread about the spellbook-bug if you haven't, You may also want to check this thread.

This is a system which seems to function the same as yours. It's open-source so you can check how I solved this.

It'd be easier to help you solve your problem if you didn't protect the map (or did you use a modified WE?). For some odd reason the item seems to be disappearing randomly when you unequip, also, the stat bonus isn't always applied.

Level 6
Apparently I was just getting an odd error message that my WE is out of date (which it isn't).

Anyway, the reason it sometimes doesn't give an unequip ability, and the same reason you sometimes don't get the stat-bonus is OE-related.

Change "Maximum Spells" and "Minimum Spells" on "Claw Dummy" to 2 and it'll work fine.
The engine adds a random number(between "Minimum" and "Maximum") of abilities to the spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.