• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

advice on improving this model

Status
Not open for further replies.
im curerrently making a launch octopus model from megaman x. i havent made a skin for it yet. but before i do id like to get some advice on how to improve it first
this is what its supposed to look like
625.jpg

this is the model
ss0000octo.jpg

greyarchon-thnx i forgot about those other 2 tenticles, but fo the head, im just making it rotate at the waist, since he has no neck. but i also noticed about my model that the end of the tenticels need to be wider, and theres no little barrel stub at the end. anyways metabee, ill probably add 2 speres for eyes and a curved cylinder for the overlapping eyebrows. could someone also tell me how i can add bones with animtions, that would be nice.

Level 12
The upper arms look too high up, lower them
The back of the head looks like a cancer, shoten it and make the actual face smaller
Looks like he's kinda chubby so make him a bit skinnier

Afroknight- I'm very pleased to see you did this
I actually tried this specific model when i lost in the last level in megaman X, I didn't spend much time on mine, and i was a newbie then so i screwed up the model while trying to animate it.

This looks much better then mine, You've got some talent boy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.