• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Advice me about Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna ask two things:

1. If I put a trigger to play an imported music theme will it loop?
2. My music file is 30 MB. I can Resize it but the size would be more than 8 MB, for a good quality. IS it normal make the map over 10 MB since there is no other way to deal with the music? The map is made for multiplayer and if the size is much will the players downlaod the map very evry long?

1. No, you have to make it loop yourself IIRC (timer).
  2. The max filesize for a multiplayer map is 8MB. It's not worth it just for one song/track at the cost of multiplayer. You can lower the bitrate and sample rate along with some compression to make it fit in your map but you will notice the quality. So either deal with the low quality or don't use it. How long is the sound file (in seconds)?

1. No, you have to make it loop yourself IIRC (timer).
  2. The max filesize for a multiplayer map is 8MB. It's not worth it just for one song/track at the cost of multiplayer. You can lower the bitrate and sample rate along with some compression to make it fit in your map but you will notice the quality. So either deal with the low quality or don't use it. How long is the sound file (in seconds)?

it's 30 minutes compilation

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Firstly you need to think is it worth to add 30 minute track to the map (will the map even last that long), and for myself atleast I prefer using 1 or 3 2-5 minutes long tracks since they take less space, and it is useless to use High Quality tracks since people who has good output do not play WC3 for music, they have their own most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.