• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

adding team color...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
im sure this question has been asked a million times :D but i want to add team color to a model of mine and i am curious if someone could please help me out :) ill even rep ya if you want lol well thank you

Level 6
quick tutorial:

Model should be in mdl-format
1. Add AlphaChannel to the skin and paint every part, which should have TC, black
2. Open your Model in Magos Model Editor, Go to Windows->Texture Manager. Right-klick->Createy Empty
3. Right-klick the new Textur and klick 'edit'. Replaceable ID enter '1'. Klick 'OK'
4. Go to Windows->Material Manager and drag the Geoset Manager window to the side so it's not in the way
5.hold down CTRL and left-click on the part, thats should be teamcolored.
6. A material will be marked, open the material (doubleklick). Right-klick in the big white field and create a new Layer.
7. Open the new Layer. Texture ID choose Replaceable ID 1, press OK.
8. Right klick on the new Material and move it up to the top of the list.
9. Open the 2. (the old) Material Layer and set Filter Mode to Blend.

Thats it

btw there is a search function to find threads

Status
Not open for further replies.