• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Team Color problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have problem, I downloaded model but this model don`t have team color (if this unit belong to blue player is blue, but if it belong to red player it is still blue)
I want to know if ther is simple way to add team color, without any special tools, using only notepad and tool to conwert *.mdx to *.mdl

Level 25
It is possible with notepad, but ungodly hard. You basicaly want to chop out the bit of the model you want to be teamcoloured, make it a sepearte geoset, edit the part of the skin that corresponds to that part so its alphad out, change the new geoset's type to "Teamcolour" and then see if it worked

Level 25
I'm pretty sure its "TeamColor", but anywho, if he changed the existing geoset to blend/teamcolor/whatevermakesteamcolour, ALL alphaed out parts on the model would turn team colour. Try it on a Demon Hunter's first geoset one day: The blades will have red squares around them if your team colour is red

Status
Not open for further replies.