• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Color Glow For Non-Hero Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[Solved] Had to change the attachment ability to "Life Regeneration Aura (Neutral)" to get the HeroGlow model attachment to work using these parameters:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/heroglow-129462/?prev=search=heroglow&d=list&r=20

wir58h.jpg

wvtjkw.jpg

I saw a guide on how to remove team color glow...how to do team color in 3DS max 5, but is there a way to add the hero unit glow on regular units?

I'm not a fan of team colors actually being on the units in my map and would rather have the units display a glowing circle of their team color under their feet, like a hero.

Is there a way to do this? Also, is there a guide on how to do it?

Is this a good idea? Will it cause lag on large groups of units?

Thank you for any possible help, I will surely reciprocate with rep.

(Also I used the forum search function and couldn't find anything, sorry if I missed it)

Last edited:
Level 4
Ah well thank you, I'll start sifting through the other 150 results out of the 100 I already looked at from searching "Team color glow"

Currently the heroglow attachment is broken (Displays all players as red), and the only tut is the removal of the glow. Apparently there's a way to figure out how to do it through the removal tutorial...but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Edit: After testing heroglow and looking through the rest of the results I still can't find a team color glow that works.

Using heroglow as an origin attachment to the units produced only red glows under units of all players.

Edit #2: Had to change the ability to "Life Regeneration Aura (Neutral)" to get the HeroGlow model attachment to work using these parameters:

wir58h.jpg

Ingame:

wvtjkw.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.