• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating team color and hero glow on the model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to creat a hero glow on my model (not by triggers in WEU) but by editing the model using gmax. My computer is kinda old so i can only get 24 bit tga which doesn't support alpha channels, so i was wondering if there was a way to get team color and hero glow without alpha channels. thx

Level 2
well uhh....can you be a little more specific. I'm using gmax and i can't create alpha channels since i can only save as 24 bit tga and not 32, so is this like mdl editting? I thought of that but one, i'm not so sure how to do it and two, wouldn't the mdl edit create a solid color because the team glow isn't a solid color. It has light parts and dark parts. But i also need to know how to add just plain color so if you could elaborate on that that would be great. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.