• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

team glow attach point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I used the add team glow trigger on a model I downloaded, but the team glow doesn't really "glow" my hero...

In fact there's just a little glow point right under the hero but not around like other heroes.

Is there another glow type like "hero glow" or do I have to edit the model to make the glow around the model ?

If so how do I do that ???

Level 1
Ok but how do I do that ?

Let's suppose I use 3DS, do I have to modify a texture or what ?

And if I have to modify a texture what do I have to do ?

Level 1
Maybe the model does not have an attach point ?

Do you think I can add one by trying to do like in the "how to take off a team glow" tutorial ?

Level 3
This might be a little off-topic, but I'm trying to attach a hero glow to a doom guard, which I have done using WEU, but I want it to be black regardless of the color of the player using him, which you can do with hero models normally. Any ideas how? I've been trying to learn JASS in order to edit the WEU trigger, but I can't figure out how to turn the original trigger into custom text.

Which model are you trying to attach the glow to, btw?

Level 1
I know how to add a hero glow to my hero !
The problem is that the glow doesn't appear around the hero. It just does a little glow under the hero.
The point is how do I add an hero glow attach point to the model...

Level 21
Well normally as I said hero glows go on the unit's origin and weapon
If you want to specifically attach the hero glow to a part of the unit, I think you'll have to do some .mdl editing or something like that (I think theres a tutorial on that)

Edit: You can change hero glow attachment points if your using WE Unlimited to add them for you by:

- Enable use advanced triggers on the map with WEU Enhancer
- Open WE Unlimited, go down in abilities section to " items "
- There should be a hero glow ability there you can edit with the properties

Level 13
Detrivus said:
This might be a little off-topic, but I'm trying to attach a hero glow to a doom guard, which I have done using WEU, but I want it to be black regardless of the color of the player using him, which you can do with hero models normally. Any ideas how? I've been trying to learn JASS in order to edit the WEU trigger, but I can't figure out how to turn the original trigger into custom text.

Which model are you trying to attach the glow to, btw?

As far as I see you only want the team-color to be black all the time? This can be done in the object-editor/units
Select the unit you wanna have black team-color and then change "Art - Team Color = Match Owning Player" to "Art - Team Color = Neutral Hostile"

Edit: And now plz back to topic :wink:

Level 1
focke_oeuf said:
I know how to add a hero glow to my hero !
The problem is that the glow doesn't appear around the hero. It just does a little glow under the hero.
The point is how do I add an hero glow attach point to the model...

I'm trying to edit the dragons units made by cookie.
AncientDragon and Dracolich.

I can't find them anymore on the website and I don't know why...

By the way if someone has a dragon like unit which works, I'd be happy to get it :)

Level 25
They're not on the website because Cookie removed them. Possibly because he didn't "make" them (They're a port from NWN, KICK ASS GAME) or possibly because he didn't want people asking him how to import the models

Status
Not open for further replies.