• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding special effects when an upgrade is finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys can anyone make me a trigger of how to add a permanent special effect of a unit once a specific upgrade is finished. For example i want the my footman to have the special effect of bloodlust when the "Defend" upgrade is finished.

Level 28
Here's an idea : give the footman a passive dummy ability that has the special effect you want (e.g : aura), then make this ability require the "defend" upgrade. Once the upgrade is researched the special effect will appear on the footman.

Level 9
Here's an idea : give the footman a passive dummy ability that has the special effect you want (e.g : aura), then make this ability require the "defend" upgrade. Once the upgrade is researched the special effect will appear on the footman.
So like giving the footman a dummy aura and make it have the defend upgrade?

Level 5
I don't see that upgrade for the knights in my World Editor. It is only the Animal War Training upgrade there is no sundering blades upgrades. (I'm using the warcraft ver 1.30)

I see, it was added in 1.31. You can do the same with Magic Sentry instead by changing the Data - Detection Type field to None, so it doesn't actually detect anything, and once again, changing Techtree - Requirements to your upgrade.

Level 19
You can basically use any dummy ability and hide it. I use Item Life Bonus and set Data - Max Life gained to 0, then change Art - Target and Art - Attachment point.

But couldnt you just add the Art - Target and Art - Attachment point to the Defend ability directly? Since the ability is not available until researched? I guess that might not apply until the ability is used though...

Status
Not open for further replies.