• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[General] Adding Glow with Magos Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here is the thing. I tried with export geoset of the glow, then texture manager. Glow was there. Problem i have with Material Manager. I tried everything how to set the glow. But it didn't worked. The other non moddeling glow tutorials doesnt seems to work fine for me. Attaching a Glow Model to ability that doesnt have icon. Result in game Hero with red glow. U can fix it but, everytime game is loaded u need to click alt+a to switch color. I tried with this trigger too
  • Glow
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of |cffff0000Knight|r 0035 <gen> using GeneralHeroGlow.mdx
      • Unit - Change color of |cffff0000Knight|r 0035 <gen> to (Color of (Owner of |cffff0000Knight|r 0035 <gen>))
and it didn't worked. Please help me

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 73
Most actions don't work with Map Initialization, so try to add a new trigger "Set Units" or something like that and put these actions there. Then add to the Map Initialization the action "Trigger - Run Trigger" and run the one with the actions. Then it should work.
I personally create an ability to add glows to units, much less effort and easier.

Level 6
I tried, doesn't work for me. Maybe it can work with magos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.