• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding ability for all units of certain type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I dont understand how to add ability for all units of certain type. In trigger options there is no such as "unit group add ability"

Level 21
I dont understand how to add ability for all units of certain type. In trigger options there is no such as "unit group add ability"

This is still done through unit groups though.

Use the unit group action that allows you to add other actions into it(Pick every unit in group and do actions)
Then inside it you can put Unit - Add ability.

Adding abilities to unit types can not really be done ingame.

Level 7
But it requires to select spesific unit, thus not granting ability for all units of that group

Level 13
Set TempGroup = Units in playable map area

Pick Every Unit in TempGroup
Set TempUnit = Picked Unit
If TempUnit = Alive
Unit type of TempUnit = The Type you want to add ability too
Any other conditions such as for a specific player only?
Then
Add your Ability to TempUnit

call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

For the auto casting of abilities..either trigger it..or base the abilities off of ones that units automatically. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ustom-spells-cast-melee-game-ai-units-193280/) This is a good guide for the latter

Level 7
I have manually given ability to one unit which is hero because normal units dont seem to work with abilities. But other unit just doesnt work, even though its also a hero. Im trying to get enemy hero/neutral hostile to cast immolate randomly but they just autoattack

Hero that works, has the ability active slot N/A while the hero that doesnt work has active box checked

How to trigger units to cast abilities randomly when in combat?

It seems that hero cannot cast certain abilities, how to fix that?

Level 21
I have manually given ability to one unit which is hero because normal units dont seem to work with abilities. But other unit just doesnt work, even though its also a hero. Im trying to get enemy hero/neutral hostile to cast immolate randomly but they just autoattack

Hero that works, has the ability active slot N/A while the hero that doesnt work has active box checked

How to trigger units to cast abilities randomly when in combat?

It seems that hero cannot cast certain abilities, how to fix that?

I'm not entirely sure what is causing your problem, but for me when orders are not followed it usually means using the wrong order.
Immolate and most other toggleable abilities have 2-3 orders.
Possible ones:
1. Cast
2. Autocast on
3. Autocast off

However, they are named differently.

For immolation there's 2 orders.
"immolation" for turning on and
"unimmolation" for turning off.

Status
Not open for further replies.