• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add healing amount to Int version 2.0(Multi targets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Allrighty so save some time here is the salution to the 1.0 probelm a single target. and it's working now
Add healing amount to Int
Current single target code.
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal1
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Healcaster = (Triggering unit)
        • Set HealTaget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Set HealAmount = 75
        • Set Heallife = (Integer((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast))))
        • Set HealMax = (Integer((Max life of (Target unit of ability being cast))))
        • Set HealSum = (Heallife + HealAmount)
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • HealSum Greater than HealMax
          • Then - Actions
            • Set HealExtra = (HealSum - HealMax)
            • Set TotalHeal[(Player number of (Owner of Healcaster))] = (TotalHeal[(Player number of (Owner of Healcaster))] + (HealAmount - HealExtra))
          • Else - Actions
            • Set TotalHeal[(Player number of (Owner of Healcaster))] = (TotalHeal[(Player number of (Owner of Healcaster))] + HealAmount)
      • Else - Actions
so while Im eighter looking for an improvment for this to look for multi targets.

so after some thought that i can't (in my mind convert this in to a multi heal i belive i need a whole new trigger for stuff like healing wave and a tower that does "ever sec heal unitws within in range Y health"
so I would need a trigger that looks for if the minion is player 11 or 12(only targets so could be a if player 11 then add points to team 1 int. else add points to team 2.

I do offcourse have a " ever 1 sec" trigger that i assume i would need to put this in to check on it. and maybe if needed (probrly is) call triggers. but im hoping for a universal that just look for how much heal is done. it's NOT importen for it to know the source of the healing.

Short version: Need a trigger that looks for healing amount done to all targets of player 11 or 12 and don't count in overheals. only up to 100%.

Level 2
I......don't really know to Trigger all heal. I belive that is what it allready do in the single target healing. but with a "heal a unit if it's inside range" I gess that does count as a single heal just with unlimited targets. but I would not know how to tell it to store all the infomation in an array. where to tell it to break it up for each minion to look for overheal and so on. Normaly I ask for a dummy map when it's something i have big probelms with. in this case Iwill beg for one cause I see no way in my mind for this to happen and it's not a nice to have. it's a need to have for my map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
To be honest I do not understand what you are asking for...

Over heal amount can be calculated by subtracting the difference between current and maximum life from the intended heal amount. If the over heal amount is >0 then over heal occurred, otherwise all heal was used.

Level 2
yes thats wow overheal is dealt with on the macro so far on single heals. but thats keeping tract of 1 target. i need multi targets.
so what I need is something that keep track of all minions that are healed and if it's player 11 then ad it in to totalheal[1] and if it's player 12 then add it in to Totalheal[2] I got that working currently with single heals.

But there is going to be a tower that heals all minions inside the tower range ever sec. so I need a way to get the heal of EVERY minion inside range to added in to int that can then be added in to Totalheal [1 or 2].
so I need a way to detect and keep tract of heals up to 100% and not count in overheal.
we mange to get it work in the trigger abow with single heals. but if i use a multi target spell like say healing wave it only look at the number it heal for the first one.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use hashtables to map a unit to a value. Totals could be done by iterating through all units owned by the player, or cached on change.

But there is going to be a tower that heals all minions inside the tower range ever sec. so I need a way to get the heal of EVERY minion inside range to added in to int that can then be added in to Totalheal [1 or 2].
so I need a way to detect and keep tract of heals up to 100% and not count in overheal.
You need to trigger the heals. There is no efficient way to detect object editor heals.

we mange to get it work in the trigger abow with single heals. but if i use a multi target spell like say healing wave it only look at the number it heal for the first one.
You need to trigger the heals. There is no efficient way to detect object editor heals.

Make triggers for every heal source. If you want chain healing then trigger it.

Level 2
you sayed: Use hashtables to map a unit to a value.
don't know how to do it sadly. or how it would work. so even if i manged to muddle throw it and get it done correct i don't think i would know it's working.

you sayed: "You need to trigger the heals."
I agree and going to do all that. so that part i do.

you sayed: "If you want chain healing then trigger it."
I am but it currently still only count the first target.

if i upload my map any chance you can add the thing your mention. im not really sure where to begin. or a you could upload a dummy map if you feel like it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am but it currently still only count the first target.
You need to call your heal function every time you find a new target for a bounce. I am not just talking about hooking a trigger to healing wave, I am talking about making a healing wave from a target ability that does nothing.

if i upload my map any chance you can add the thing your mention. im not really sure where to begin. or a you could upload a dummy map if you feel like it.
I am a bit too busy at the moment, sorry. However other people might be able to help.

Level 2
I sadly think my mind is to small to see the connection from a heaving wave target ability that don't do anything. since it would need to call the trigger. but think it would only call the trigger on the first target since i don't know the commands to make it look at all 3 targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.