• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heal over time trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Events:[
    • Unit: A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions:
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to AbilityX
    • Actions:
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Life of (Target of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + Number)
            • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing
The problem is the target is healed just 1 time and the rest of the counts from 2 to 10 stops healing him.
Also I am interested if there is any way to make this trigger to work for multiple units at the same Time and Counting

Any help will get +rep

Level 4
With that trigger you are healing 10 times the same target simultaneously. I can do your trigger, however, do you want it to be mui or not?

Yes it would be great to be mui, thanks

Get rid of the loop and the wait. Instead use 2 triggers, one of them runs periodically (every second) and heals all units which are in a list/group, the other one adds units to that list when they are targeted by the spell.

Thanks for the idea, i will give it a try after Mapas's trigger

Level 20
You can check in my signature the Dmg/Heal over time system. It's pretty simple to use, has a test map and several GUI Examples.

Level 4
Rejuvenation
Heals a target friendly unit for 400 hit points over 12 seconds.

That is not what i am looking for

You can check in my signature the Dmg/Heal over time system. It's pretty simple to use, has a test map and several GUI Examples.

Thank you, its very useful

This map I made for you contains what you want, however I do use custom abilities and triggers, but it is mui and works perfectly. Check it: View attachment 133231

Exact what i was looking for thank you very much

the only event response (AFAIK) that is kept after a wait is Triggering Unit... so on your original trigger, by the time of the 2nd run and so on, there is no more "Target Unit of Ability being cast"

Good to know thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.