• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

add (buffed) units to a cone-pushback spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi again guys! :D

another spell, another problem :p

i want to make a spell for an ad-carry champ that pushes all of the heroes enemies away from him that stand inside an aimed cone, i hope you understand; if you don't, please tell me.

i've based it off of pandaren firebreath, made the ability deal zero damage. then i went for three triggers, but at some point i went completely confused.

• Gravity Wave
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit Startet den Effekt einer Fähigkeit
    • Bedingungen
      • (Ability being cast) Gleich Gravity Wave (triggered)
    • Aktionen
      • Set GravWaveCaster = (Casting unit)
      • Set GravWaveCasterPosition = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set GravWaveTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set GravWaveTargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set GravWave_Angle = ((Angle from GravWaveCasterPosition to GravWaveTargetPoint) + 180.00)
      • Set GraveWaveDistance_Real = (Distance between GravWaveCasterPosition and GravWaveTargetPoint)
  • Gravity Wave Movement
    • Ereignisse
      • Zeit - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Einheit - Move GravWaveTarget instantly to (GravWaveCasterPosition offset by (GraveWaveDistance_Real / 10.00) towards GravWave_Angle degrees)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • 'IF'-Bedingungen
          • GraveWaveDistance_Real Gleich ((Distance between GravWaveCasterPosition and GravWaveTargetPoint) / 10.00)
        • 'THEN'-Aktionen
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_GravWaveCasterPosition)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_GravWaveTargetPosition)
          • Auslöser - Turn off (This trigger)
        • 'ELSE'-Aktionen
          • Set GravWave_Angle = (Angle from GravWaveCasterPosition to GravWaveTargetPoint)
          • Set GraveWaveDistance_Real = (Distance between GravWaveCasterPosition and GravWaveTargetPoint)
with the following 3rd trigger, i planned to mark every hit unit with the "Hit by a Gravity Wave" debuff. it lasts 0 seconds.

• Gravity Wave Target Group Marker
    • Ereignisse
    • Bedingungen
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Hit by a Gravity Wave ) Gleich True
    • Aktionen
      • Einheitengruppe - Add (Triggering unit) to GravWaveTargetGroup
my plan was to add all debuffed enemies to a group and then push the group away. i don't care if the whole group is pushed in the same direction or every unit by it's own into another; the ability is needed to make a shooter get out of meele hero range and be able to kite again. will probably be used in arena fights sometimes, but also in open battle against several minions & heroes (AoS).

i've got no clue how to go on, so please, if you got fitting ideas, post them.

Level 24
Dont use 0.1 seconds when you are updating visuals of behavior.
Use 0.03 instead.
divided by 10.00 should then be multiplied by 0.03 (just easier)

This spell is also not MUI, when multiple units cast this spell at almost the same time, you will get problems.

One last thing is that using those missile spells is pretty hard.
The best thing you can do is use a Missile system that allows you to increase the width of the missile during the flight.
Mine can do it but it is still a WIP. There might be a few others that can do it as well.

But as for the spell.
You first want to have a working missile.
Then you want to know when units are hit.
Then you want to know in what direction you have to knock them to.
Then you want to knock them to that direction.

Where do you have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.