• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add a DoT effect to AOE spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am making the Acid Volley skill that the Stoneskin Gargoyles in Naxxramas on WoW use. I used fan of knives and adjusted damage/stats accordingly and I also changed the animation to look like poison bolts (It looks spot on).

However, my question is, is there a way via triggers (Or an ability with the effect I overlooked) to add a DoT after the AoE hits it's targets (Like the envenomed weapons, only on the ability and not auto attack)?

I tried looking through some triggers and coming up with something but I wasn't able to make anything work well.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29325/acid-volley

^The ability for those curious. Also in WoW it stacks, I don't care if it does or not in my map, but I would prefer at least having the DoT component.

Level 5
EDIT: Nevermind I figured out the issue. Much thanks for pointing out the DOT [GUI-Damage Over Time] thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.