• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AoE Parasite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Howdy guys! First of all, I'm new here so I wanted to say hello.

Well, here's the thing. I'm trying to make an AoE spell that deals damage over time and, if the affected unit dies, summons another unit from it's body. I based it on parasite but the AoE didn't work so I'm trying to base it on flamestrike and applying the DoT and summon effect with triggers, but It doesn't seems to work.

Specifically, the DoT doesn't work at all, and the summoning effect summons units when the effect is first applied, even if the unit's still alive.

Here are two images of the triggers (I tried my best :oops:); the third "ParasitismoInvo" only has the unit- create unit command. The triggers in 'Kronoz' are for another spell, a multi aura, one of which effects is lifesteal.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate a lot any help. ^_^

PS: Sorry for misspellings and wrong usage of words, english's not my mother language. Trying my best there too. :confused:

Attachments

• BaseTrigger.png
    BaseTrigger.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DamageTrigger.png
    DamageTrigger.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 65
Level 11
I'd go back to using Parasite.

Have a channel based ability with an AoE. When used, pick every unit in the area around the target point, spawn a dummy caster, and have said caster use Parasite on the picked unit.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
The easiest way is to create an AoE spell that summons a dummy caster/s to apply the Parasite ability onto each unit in range.

The same thing that Kaijy said, basically.

If you don't want to min/max the crap out of it by having only one dummy to debuff all enemies in range, then just add create->add abilitiy->order->add an expiration timer functions into the "Pick every unit in group" route and it'll be pretty much done.

Level 14
Have a channel based ability with an AoE. When used, pick every unit in the area around the target point, spawn a dummy caster, and have said caster use Parasite on the picked unit.
The easiest way is to create an AoE spell that summons a dummy caster/s to apply the Parasite ability onto each unit in range.

Attachments

• ParasyteAoE.w3x
    12.5 KB · Views: 11
Level 1
OMG. I love you all guys. <3 Now I only need to tweak parasite so it summons a personalized unit. Shouldn't be very hard, I hope.

Imadori, your spell works perfectly. Thank you very very much. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.