• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Activating/disabling abilites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on my hero map still and i wanted to make a really good trigger that activated a pssive aura on my hero when she was near water and otherwise kept it disabled.

I want to keep the ability but disable it (like skills that require a certain condition to be activated). I want mine to look like that disabled until she's on water i which case it activates.

I've come up with a way using a dummy unit with the condition for the name, and making that unit the requirement for the spell and by triggers adding when she's on water, and removing the 1 unit when she isn't.
And also making sure there's only 1 unit so the spell does disable.

The problem is that i've heared that dummy units are stupid and useless, so i just want to know if there's a better way.
Now that 1.18 is out, i suppose there could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.