• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Activate both attacks (unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi.
I'm not very good at English but I'm going to try to explain the best I can.
I have one unit with two type of attacks, the first one is melee and the second one is piercing. Both attacks are activated in the unit panel (world editor), but in-game that unit just uses its first one.

I don't know If I need some elaborated triggers or the matter is just my ignorance on the basic functions of the world editor, because the thing I want is: when is given the order of attack, if the distance between my unit and the enemy one is longer than 95, that will use its second attack (piercing) and if it's not it will use its first attack (melee).
Is it possible?

EDIT: Posted in wrong section. Sorry!

Last edited:
Level 23
the fing is, JNGP extends the W3 by hacking it allowing you to use ZINC or vJass but the compiler transforms all the code upon map save to plain Jass so everyone can access the map even without W3
Thats why if you have anything from vJass or Zinc in your map you must save the game before you can test it so the compiler can translate the Zinc/vJass to plain Jass
the evidence is easy, you can create trigger using scope and then do some error like write a outside of a function and you will see how it gets compiled
Hope this information helped you

Status
Not open for further replies.