• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acending Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was wondering how i get text that floats up and fades out to apear over a unit. My hero has an ability that targets a enemy unit and gives them a debuff that lasts for 13 seconds. If the debuffed enemy unit is attacked by anyone he takes 3-6-9-12-15 damage depending on level of ability. Now i know hot to do all of this but to when hit depending on level have red text apear above the hit unit, float up and fade out. Can anyone help?

Level 6
declare a variable of type FloatingText named MyFloatingText;
add following actions to your trigger (change target unit if different):

• Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String(3.141592))) above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 1.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 10.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Set MyFloatingText = (Last created floating text)
  • Floating Text - Change MyFloatingText: Disable permanence
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of MyFloatingText to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of MyFloatingText to 4.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of MyFloatingText to 1.50 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.