• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi i am trying to make floating text above all untis thats show mutch they did in dmg like in a rpg and i also whant to what spell units cast.
My dmage trigger right now is

event:
a unit is atked
con:
none
action:
creat floating text whit String((integer((damagetaken)) above atking unit
set lifes span of last created floating text to 1.00 sec
set fade age of last created floatign text to 0.66 sec

But there 2 problem the damge shown is 0 and the floatign text get stuck does aint fade or go way just stay there. Help please ?

Level 11
it's not easy to detect damage dealt. try and see if this works:

• Events:
    • A unit is attacked
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
    • Set UnitLife = Life of attacked unit
    • Wait for condition - wait until life of attacked unit becomes less than UnitLife checking every 0.1 seconds
    • Create floating text that reads (UnitLife - Life of attacked unit) above attacking unit
    • Set life span of last created floating text to 1.00 sec

Level 7
Actually if you could write your english in better way, we could understand more on what you are trying to tell us.

Level 5
While Ady_Illidan's way is efficient is a bit risky, becuase if spells are used or the unit is attacked by other units the number displayed wouldn't be accurate.

You can use the event "Unit Takes Damage" though you would need triggers to add the event for every unit in addition to the executing trigger.

Level 2
Thx so mutch i have had this pack before but i deltet wow 1.17 and 1.18 so i lost it THX this is exacli what i am loocking for
^^

Level 2
Dam i cant copy over the jazz trigger in the rpg system its complains and mark it as not enabled any idees ?

Level 2
i can speak perfekt englich byt my keyboard typing has a way to miss the target .. but i dont relly know what part of the jass i shoud change. why can they never make this kinde of maps ( helping and turoial maps) in Epic size ?? so u dont have to copy all triggers to a bigg map

Level 2
well thats the problem I cant copy over JASS triggers it just fuck up. and marke as not working (enabled) is there something i shoud turn on of of WTF help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.