• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About those project ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Is there a way to permanently remove a Hive ad from the top of the page when using Hive?
Or at least set preferences or smth?

Call me old fashioned but I think that place should belong to WC3 projects and I don't care to
see that CliCli thing - especially since it is a gif, meaning that when I'm on the move I get increased
loading times and data usage because of something I absolutely don't care to see at all.

Could those ads maybe be categorized in WC3 and non-WC3 ones and we get the ability to just
toggle these on and off? I don't mind seeing the WC3 ones at all, by all means give them as much
space as they want, they're part of the heart of this community.
CliCli is not.

Sure I can just use ad block but it would be a nice feature to have imo.

Is there a way to permanently remove a Hive ad from the top of the page when using Hive?
Or at least set preferences or smth?

Call me old fashioned but I think that place should belong to WC3 projects and I don't care to
see that CliCli thing - especially since it is a gif, meaning that when I'm on the move I get increased
loading times and data usage because of something I absolutely don't care to see at all.

Could those ads maybe be categorized in WC3 and non-WC3 ones and we get the ability to just
toggle these on and off? I don't mind seeing the WC3 ones at all, by all means give them as much
space as they want, they're part of the heart of this community.
CliCli is not.

Sure I can just use ad block but it would be a nice feature to have imo.
If you have Firefox and use Adblock Plus you can just block that element.

Frostcraft is a GIF and it's actually available to all the hosted projects if they want it :).
Totally agree on the technicality. Both are animated gifs.
But where Frostcraft is a very finely crafted and actually decently looking set of animated images, the CliCli one... is something else entirely, not pleasant to the eye. And I really have to pick my words here correctly.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I would absolutely love to nuke the whole thing from my page... But isn't it kind of the point? Like, advertisements exist to allow something to be advertised, so having a functionality where users could just opt out of it totally defeats the purpose. Especially if money is involved; I can't imagine anyone would be willing to pay Ralle to put up an ad if users can just turn them off arbitrarily.

That being said, I would totally love such a thing. But I can see why it would be unlikely for Ralle to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.