• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] About sub-maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello everyone, I want ask someone who know blizzard technical in triggers ! It about my campaign that I will upload soon, well I know how to make trigger of course it just ...

I create a campaign like Rexxar's campaign but with the Forsaken, now everything works well. But I find I problem ! You see since I don't know how blizzard does to teleport heros from map to another one, I deside to use Blizzard triggers that I'v exported from the act one of Rexxar's campaign.

The problem is I tried to add the sub-maps of the campaign inside it and then read them by trigger. But I CAN'T !!! I'v treid every path like blizzard does for example : if blizzard want to send heros to another map as OrcX01 to OrcX01_02. She use this path : Maps/The Frozen Theron/... Or somthing like that.

So me I make the same thing, and since I know that this isn't the right path well it made for the MPQ of blizzard creation. So I choose this path in order to read the sub-maps inside the Campaign: Ultimatum Ways (?0my campaign)/ Ultimatum Ways : The Burning Project/...

I find that it not working evert time I test the First Act of my campaign to see wheather it work the sub-maps ! And I'v always get to principal screen of my campaign !

But the good thing is that I figure a way:ogre_hurrhurr: you wont believe it :

-I create a new folder inside warcraft 3 and name it ( Adds)
-I export the sub-maps from the campaign and remove it and then I put the exported maps inside the new folder ( I also add a new folder inside that folder and name it Forsaken's Act)
-I check the trigger and remplace the path by this one : Adds/Forsaken's Act/

And retest my campaign, and guess what ? IT WORKING !!! DO YOU BELIEVE THAT !!! AM THE MAN !!!

YES.. YES.. YES.. YES.. YES.. YES.. YES .............. ENOUGH !

Now all I wanna know IF IT POSSIBLE to do a trick in order to read the sub maps inside the campaign with out this new folder, If you know then just tell me please how !

I wanna make this forum to make thing easy for every one who download my campaign ! And IF it not possible to make any other path ? Well I want let you know that when you download my campaign REMEMBER to download also the sub-maps that I will put on the Hive workshop/Pack or with out this sub-maps well you Can't prossive the campaign !

A big Thank to the WISE person who find a way !!! Later.

Last edited:
Either what DSG suggests or I would personally making it a compressed file (ZIP). Hive 2 supports this kind of style AFAIR.

Personally, DSG suggestions would work, since the MPQ shows the path used by the Campaign to read the files, it should be possible to get it going.

A simpler way, insert ALL sub maps in the Campaign, then use the trigger to transfer the map with the file path corrected (it will not appear blue nor red, but black, as a branch of that chapter), you have to rewrite the trigger name to execute this, and this is how most campaigns are done. Much easier. Try download some campaigns from THW and open it in the editor, you can see how they exactly do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.