• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Dungeons and Dragons

Have you heard of D&D?

• Yes, I do. Actually I play quite often

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Never heard of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I haven't played for some time

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • (scratch, scratch) Whut ist D&D?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, I wanna ask you about the D&D roleplaying game. What do you think of it, have you played it, etc. Tell me about your character or your DMing style if you are DM. Tell me something about the campaign you are playing right now. I just wanna hear it.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Played it once.
This is the story that the Dm created.
Ok a ranger warrior and a cleric were just partying and stuff then they got dared by this kid to enter the ghost mansion.
At the entrance we met this dude who was out of his mind and ran out screaming, later on we met the same dude who had somehow transported to the kitchen which was on the first floor and he jumped out the window and killed himself (I repeat the kitchen was on the 1st floor). Later on we found out that this guy was the owner of the mansion that apperently left the manson in perfect health a few days ago to visit his grandmother in ny.
Then we fought a vampire the end.

Level 2
Jeez, looks like your DM su**s. Sorry for that, man but the story is fairly dumb and unconsistent. Maybe when you find a really pro DM you'll see what real D&D is.

Level 9
I play NWN 2, which is based on the D&D system, so I guess you could say I play it....
'Cept with graphics, of course.

Level 32
I'm a old grizzled veteran of D&D.

Dungeons & Dragons really changed the gaming world: Gary Gygax and his TSR cohorts pretty much invented the fantasy RPG genre as they went along. The game heavily influenced everything that came along afterward.

I acquired the first edition Dungeons & Dragons in (I think) '79 or '80. The game included the rules, dice and the first "module" (pre made dungeon.)

When ADVANCED Dungeons & Dragons appeared with a three volume hardcover rule set we all went apestuff. Campaigns included "Hall of The Fire Giant King" and "Vault of The Drow" among many others. My oldest ORIGINAL characters are all on paper but a few years ago I scanned some of the later ones into digital:
Elric's character sheet
looked like that before it was repeatedly heavily modified by pencil, pen, markers and white-out.

We never played third edition much, one of our party did have SOME of the books, but he sold them on E-Bay years ago.

When NWN (essentially digitized third edition D&D) was released, I was hooked, and have continued to play to this day. Plenty of scary places and nasty encounters there, much as in Warcraft III.

Status
Not open for further replies.