• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How I can increase attack or defense with trigger?

And what each type of missiles make?

Last edited:
Level 4
For the first question, no you can't unless you use WEU which is outdated and buggy. (Or can JNGP do it?) You do have the option to make item abilities and add them via triggers.

I don't understand the second question, please explain more.

Level 5
For the missiles, you can change it under "Combat - Attack - Weapon Type"

There is :

- Normal - This is for melee attacks, like a knight or crypt lord.

- Instant - This fires a ranged attack that hits instantly, like the rifleman

- Artillery - This fires an arcing artillery missle, that hits the area that it fired at. The damage is dealt at the given area with an AOE effect (e.g. meat wagon, mortar team)

- Artillery (Line) - This fires a straight-firing artillery missle, that deals damage in the line of fire that it targets (e.g. ballista (as was used in reign of chaos))

- Missile - This fires a ranged projectile that travels on the designated arc and speed, and deals damage to the target unit when it hits. unlike artillery, it doesnt miss if the unit moves (homing enabled/disabled changes the projectile to curve or not) (e.g. preist, archer)

- Missle (Splash) - this fires a ranged projectile that travels and hits the ranged unit, like the regular missle; the only difference is that it deals AOE damage to units around that unit upon striking (e.g. frost wyrm)

- Missile (bounce) - This fires a ranged projectile that hits the target unit, then bounces to another enemy unit if within range (e.g. huntress)

- Missile (Line) - THis fires a missle that deals damage to units in its line of fire. Unlike the lined artillery, you can enable it to be homing. I cant realy think of an example for this one.

For the increasing/decreasing attack/damage, you can either add item abilities, or substitute units (not recommended since its really buggy).

Level 2
Thanks tou you, but VestriDeus I want only know if missiles in line really damage enemys on line.

Edit: But, missile in line not work I try using moon glaive and not work I need make something before?

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks tou you, but VestriDeus I want only know if missiles in line really damage enemys on line.

Edit: But, missile in line not work I try using moon glaive and not work I need make something before?

I'm not sure how missiles in line is supposed to work since no unit uses it.

But with moon glaive, you need to change "Combat - Max number of targets" to the number of targets you want them to have, and the attack type to Missile (bounce). Adding the ability does nothing, as its actually just a dummy tooltip.

Level 2
I'm not sure how missiles in line is supposed to work since no unit uses it.

But with moon glaive, you need to change "Combat - Max number of targets" to the number of targets you want them to have, and the attack type to Missile (bounce). Adding the ability does nothing, as its actually just a dummy tooltip.
Just that I wanted use.

I have copy+paste code (uses ObjectMerger) that gives you a few functions for modifying unit attack damage and unit armor with triggers.
What code?

Level 9
use tomes. They can change this values. If you need to cahnge the stats of a unit without an inventory simply at one at the start of the trigger and remove it afterwards.
If you know jass just look at the jass code section and tutorials, somewhere was a code which allows you to change stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.