• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ability tank missle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnu

bnu

Level 2
helo thw 'ers :grin:

i'll create a map, but i confuse when i creating ability for a tank, that ability is a tank missle
i dont know what a base ability for creating that tank missle ability, i'll make that ability look like Mirana Elune arrow on Dota, but not stunning, and can bounce if against a wall once.
can you tell me?? :vw_death:

thanks
sorry for my bad english, give me a correction if my english is wrong :xxd:

Level 28
Well, the best base-ability there is, is probably "Channel" (Neutral\Hero). This also implies that it must be completely triggered.
Of course, I can't stand DotA thus I don't know what the hell that arrow does, but bouncing against walls always requires triggers anyway (and if that requires trigger, then the entire missile-stuff requires triggers).

bnu

bnu

Level 2
Well, the best base-ability there is, is probably "Channel" (Neutral\Hero). This also implies that it must be completely triggered.
Of course, I can't stand DotA thus I don't know what the hell that arrow does, but bouncing against walls always requires triggers anyway (and if that requires trigger, then the entire missile-stuff requires triggers).

the Channe ability button wont to appears
what the problem?
help plis

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
In the Channel ability, choose data-option, then turn on Visible.
For those who dont know the Elune's Arrow, this is a description:
Shoots out an arrow, if that arrow hit the target, it will deal damage and stun the target for the duration based on how far it has traveled from the start.
For the arrow, u must have an projective system to create an arrow for ur spell. And u should create a stun ability which has many level and each level has a different stun duration. This ability will be casted on the target being hit and it depends on the distance traveled.

Level 12
the Channe ability button wont to appears
what the problem?
help plis

set the 'Data - Options' to Visible.

And u should create a stun ability which has many level and each level has a different stun duration.

not many level, but 4 kind of stun abilities (should be able to count it with math).

Anyway, he's not talking about Elune's arrow, he just refer the abilities to be looked like Elune's Arrow but instead of stunning, he wants it to be able to bounce.

bnu

bnu

Level 2
channel button problem solved

but, is channel a base-ability for create my missle?
i cant create my missle ability whit Channel ability

Level 12
channel button problem solved

but, is channel a base-ability for create my missle?
i cant create my missle ability whit Channel ability

no, the Channel ability is just a base of what ability you want to make, in your case you want to create a looks of Mirana's Elune's Arrow, which is a Point-Target, so you need to set the 'Data - Target Type' to Point-Target.

the rest are made with triggers. it's depend on what kind of wall you have on your map.

bnu

bnu

Level 2
no, the Channel ability is just a base of what ability you want to make, in your case you want to create a looks of Mirana's Elune's Arrow, which is a Point-Target, so you need to set the 'Data - Target Type' to Point-Target.

the rest are made with triggers. it's depend on what kind of wall you have on your map.

ok
now, i know, i must create a trigger. thanks all

if u have a suggests for my ability, you can tell me. thanks :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.