• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Missle removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been fiddling around with triggers trying to find a way to destroy a missle created by a unit. Is this possible? I'm trying to use an arrow missle to create the arc into ground effect for a spell, if I use carrion swarm or whatev it will just go straight and disappear at the end of the range. I'd like to use a dummy unit to shoot an arrow at the target area so it arcs into the ground unless it hits a unit on its way through. I'll be using the damage through triggers and a dummy carrion missle thats invisible to detect it. Is there a way to kill a missle?

Level 40
Well the problem with a dummy unit or a simple spell is when the arrow reaches its destination it wont go into the ground at an angle, trying to make it look like a "real" arrow.
iNfraNe made a dummy model (which Vexorian has imported into the Caster System) which has 180 stand animations, one for each vertical orientation from straight down to straight up, and also has attachment points, so you can attach effects (such as arrows!) to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.