• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Ability still giving buff icon even when "stats - buffs" is empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yeah, buffs are a weird thing. I'm assuming that you're using berserk or something that doesn't interrupt orders. So what you could do is just remove the specific buff from the unit when it casts the ability. I think the action is something like
Unit - Remove specific buff from unit

Level 12
If OE=Object editor.
y6VLPxP.png

I set this in Abilities, and in Buffs/Effects I can't remove the original berserk.

I seem to have found a soluton.
sVKJXCz.png

Setting the duration to 0.01 makes it so that the buff icon doesn't appear, not even for that 0.01 (I guess it's too fast). I will update this comment if I bump into any other problems regarding this

Level 12
When you removed the buff with that trigger, did you use the event "A unit starts the effect of an ability"?

I know I am using a trigger like this for one ability that is based off mana shield (Instantly removes the mana shield when you activate it).

Anyway, 0.01 second duration is a good way to fix this sort of thing, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.