1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] Ability still giving buff icon even when "stats - buffs" is empty

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by DaneTheBeast, Dec 20, 2015.

1. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I want to create an ability that when pressed goes on cooldown and it triggers something else. But it always gives me the original abilities buff even though I removed "Stats - buffs".

2. Yugata

Yugata

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, buffs are a weird thing. I'm assuming that you're using berserk or something that doesn't interrupt orders. So what you could do is just remove the specific buff from the unit when it casts the ability. I think the action is something like
    Unit - Remove specific buff from unit

3. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried that ,and it only works if I use wait. If it's instant then it won't remove the buff :/ (Yes I used berserk)

4. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you want to remove the buff (Effect) or just that special effect ?

5. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I removed the special effect. I want to remove the buff (At the bottom of the screen), or even better to make it so that it never appears. Tried to make Wait 0.01 and then remove it but it still appears and is noticeable

6. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about remove this buff inside the OE, Spell - buff [remove the buff) this could work without triggers

7. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If OE=Object editor.
    [​IMG]
    I set this in Abilities, and in Buffs/Effects I can't remove the original berserk.

I seem to have found a soluton.
    [​IMG]
    Setting the duration to 0.01 makes it so that the buff icon doesn't appear, not even for that 0.01 (I guess it's too fast). I will update this comment if I bump into any other problems regarding this

8. SAUS

SAUS

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you removed the buff with that trigger, did you use the event "A unit starts the effect of an ability"?

I know I am using a trigger like this for one ability that is based off mana shield (Instantly removes the mana shield when you activate it).

Anyway, 0.01 second duration is a good way to fix this sort of thing, anyway.