1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ability - Set Ability Real Field doesn't change tooltip

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by plumsy460, Sep 25, 2020.

1. plumsy460

plumsy460

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know if there's a way to refresh or update the tooltip of a spell after changing a real or integer value in it?

Normally a chain lightning spell uses <ACcl,DataA1> to refer to it's damage. But after changing the Real field via triggers, the tooltip text still states the same damage. I know I can change this by changing the tooltip field as well via triggers but that's going to become a lot of work it seems.

Is there a way to simply make it update?

PS: I already tried setting the string field to the same, it didn't work. It just writes <ACcl,DataA1> instead of the damage.

2. DoomBlade

DoomBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the datafields needs to be referenced to your "custom data". You need to change to codefields to match the custom data IIRC.