• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability racial classification or similar filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a condition that checks whether a spell being cast is in the undead category or night elf category in the editor and to create different floating text depending on which race it is. I could not find any such conditions when playing around in the editor.

The main reason I'm doing this is I want to make the distinction between what spells can be silenced/stunned/interrupted when cast and those that cannot. The easiest way I thought of this was to just split the abilities into different races and find a means to check if its in that race, or check if the editor suffix includes the word 'counter' or something similar.

Any advice would be appreciated on how to achieve this, even if its as simple as adding all these abilities to some form of list and checking if its part of that 'ability group'. (Which I could not figure out how to do either.)

Level 24
The only thing I can think of is that you write a prefix to the name of each skill (Only in the name, not in the help), and use the conditional "String Comparision / Substring (Name of ability, 1, <lenght of the prefixes>) equal to <that prefix>)"

Level 2
The only thing I can think of is that you write a prefix to the name of each skill (Only in the name, not in the help), and use the conditional "String Comparision / Substring (Name of ability, 1, <lenght of the prefixes>) equal to <that prefix>)"
Exactly the sort of thing I was after, thank you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.