• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Ideas for Wretched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone. I'm currently working on a Techtree of the Wretched. Wretched is an elf that failed to control their addiction to magic, overindulging in arcane sources to the point of insanity. Obsessed with obtaining and devouring magic.

So what I need is an inspiration about an ability that suites a Wretched, both short ranged/long ranged attackers and casters alike.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Level 28
General traits: Deal extra damage to summoned units, slow to negative mana regen, have stat bonuses proportional to their mana (extremely tough and deadly at 100% mana, can be killed by a Peasant at 0 mana).

Must Have Energy (Channeling): Casts Mana Drain on every target in Y radius.

Life to Mana (Active): Instantly converts X of the caster's HP to Y mana.

Leech Mana (Passive): Drains mana with every attack.

Rip Mana (Active): Targets a unit. Instantly transfers X mana from the target to the caster, but the caster suffers negative mana regen for a while.

Shielded Mana (Passive): While over 50% HP, any damage to the caster's mana is cancelled and dealt to its HP.

Hunger (Active): Drains HP and mana when attacking summoned units.

Seek Magic (Active): Pings the location of all units with mana, all units with buffs, and all units with non-physical abilities in a wide radius.

Feed the Rage (Passive): Adds damage to every attack equal/proportional to total number of buffs on the caster, dispelling a random buff with every attack. Alternately, extra damage is based on the number of buffs on the target.

Acquired Immunity (Passive): All buffs (positive and negative) are automatically dispelled at half their duration.

Strength of Will (Passive): Negative buffs increase attackspeed.

Any Source Will Do (Passive): Heals X HP whenever a spell is cast on the target.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The only trait wretched have is magic related so that should give some pretty obvious ideas.

That said, the synergy is what is important not the spells standalone. Give you race a gimmick and make all spells revolve around that.
For example, all units can only attack if they have mana, each attack costs mana.
The abilities would revolve about restoring mana in various mana for example.
Such as mana reg totem, mana drain, mana reg aura

There are plenty of options, I think that is a better way to go about it.

Level 29
I like the abilities that @cleavinghammer suggested

Here are others

Mana Addiction (Active): the Wretched absorb mana from enemies and temporarily get a boost for the damage they inflict

Devour Magic (Active): Similar to the Destroyer's ability

Magic Strike (Passive): Each damage they inflict, they also lower the enemy's MP

Level 5
I don't think the Dark elf witch suites... but the cavalry suits so much! =D
umm...I mean the "wretched" dragonhawk blood elf, not ordinary BE :/ I think I must ask someone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.