1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ability Ideas for Wretched

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by KeepitMovinBaby, Jan 7, 2018.

1. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone. I'm currently working on a Techtree of the Wretched. Wretched is an elf that failed to control their addiction to magic, overindulging in arcane sources to the point of insanity. Obsessed with obtaining and devouring magic.

So what I need is an inspiration about an ability that suites a Wretched, both short ranged/long ranged attackers and casters alike.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    General traits: Deal extra damage to summoned units, slow to negative mana regen, have stat bonuses proportional to their mana (extremely tough and deadly at 100% mana, can be killed by a Peasant at 0 mana).

Must Have Energy (Channeling): Casts Mana Drain on every target in Y radius.

Life to Mana (Active): Instantly converts X of the caster's HP to Y mana.

Leech Mana (Passive): Drains mana with every attack.

Rip Mana (Active): Targets a unit. Instantly transfers X mana from the target to the caster, but the caster suffers negative mana regen for a while.

Shielded Mana (Passive): While over 50% HP, any damage to the caster's mana is cancelled and dealt to its HP.

Hunger (Active): Drains HP and mana when attacking summoned units.

Seek Magic (Active): Pings the location of all units with mana, all units with buffs, and all units with non-physical abilities in a wide radius.

Feed the Rage (Passive): Adds damage to every attack equal/proportional to total number of buffs on the caster, dispelling a random buff with every attack. Alternately, extra damage is based on the number of buffs on the target.

Acquired Immunity (Passive): All buffs (positive and negative) are automatically dispelled at half their duration.

Strength of Will (Passive): Negative buffs increase attackspeed.

Any Source Will Do (Passive): Heals X HP whenever a spell is cast on the target.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  3. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you so much for your ideas!
    hmmm... do it means that mana burning a wretched when he/she is above 50% hp will be cancelled and dealt to its hp?

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The only trait wretched have is magic related so that should give some pretty obvious ideas.

That said, the synergy is what is important not the spells standalone. Give you race a gimmick and make all spells revolve around that.
    For example, all units can only attack if they have mana, each attack costs mana.
    The abilities would revolve about restoring mana in various mana for example.
    Such as mana reg totem, mana drain, mana reg aura

There are plenty of options, I think that is a better way to go about it.

5. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^^ I was thinking more like doing double HP damage and no mana damage.

6. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Chaosy I think Wretched also have fel powers and magic?

@cleavinghammer yeah, that will be a huge damage :p BTW how do I trigger Acquired Immunity? I really like it :)

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe. But point is that is it better to make the abilities compliment one another rather than picking random ones that kinda suit theme wise.

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^^ No idea. If you can't find a way to automate it, maybe have buffs dispel after just a few seconds instead.

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the abilities that @cleavinghammer suggested

Here are others

Mana Addiction (Active): the Wretched absorb mana from enemies and temporarily get a boost for the damage they inflict

Devour Magic (Active): Similar to the Destroyer's ability

Magic Strike (Passive): Each damage they inflict, they also lower the enemy's MP

10. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Share The Thirst (Active): Targets an enemy caster. While the buff is active, target has increased mana regen, while all enemy casters near the target have negative mana regen. Effect ends when dispelled or the target dies.

11. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great. Now i need Wretched icons xD

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks! But I also need the Dragonhawk rider ones, who isn't available yet...

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think the Dark elf witch suites... but the cavalry suits so much! =D
    umm...I mean the "wretched" dragonhawk blood elf, not ordinary BE :/ I think I must ask someone's help.

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ask here
    Simple Model Workshop

Someone might be capable of creating one

17. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks! I'll check this out.