• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability Effect "size scale"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys :)

In the Object Editor I made a simple "slow-spell", but since it has to be spider-themed, I added the graphic-effect "web" , that green web effect, now the only problem is that the web doesn't cover the whole enemy unit, just the feet I'd say, its like on the ground.

So my question. Is there a simple way to make the web cover the whole model of the enemy unit?
Web.PNG It's currently like this in Picture (recreated with the black pen line)
Web 2.PNG And this is how I'd like to have it.

Level 39
afaik there will be some 'scale special effect' natives added in 1.30 you could use. But for now, the scale of the effect increases with the scale of the unit its attached to. So make an invisible dummy unit with large scale and constantly move it to the location of the webbed unit and that will work. A little complex but it's the solution I see.

Level 7
Wow awesome, it really worked :) Thank you so much guys.
But one small little thing, I still have to ask: The web doesn't stay until the duration of the spell is over. It basically vanishes after 3 seconds eventhough the spells duration is 6 secs.
Any solution for this by any chance? :p

Level 20
Wow awesome, it really worked :) Thank you so much guys.
But one small little thing, I still have to ask: The web doesn't stay until the duration of the spell is over. It basically vanishes after 3 seconds eventhough the spells duration is 6 secs.
Any solution for this by any chance? :p

That is weird. Are you sure you're not confusing Duration - Hero and Duration - Normal by any chance? Check out the test map I uploaded above, the web vanishes after the spell ends (which is 10 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.