• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Spider Web Doodad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I'm trying to create a doodad where its a giant Spider Web, but the only problem is that it doesn't show the whole web, only the top. I want it to look like the Spider Web from Dota, and I want to make it you cannot click on the Spider Web, that's why I have selected a Doodad.

I'm using the Web (Ground) Buff to be the Doodad Model File, and whenever I increase the Scale Size, it just makes the top half of the web bigger. Also the Doodad the using I'm using is the Mushroom Doodad

If someone can resolve this I will be very grateful.

http://imgur.com/hGZBn

Level 20
Webs from Dota are shown in the minimap as owned by a player, so, they're not doodads.

These webs doesn't have "Locust", because units with "Locust" doesn't show in the minimap.

In the end, these webs are units with the web model and with an aura that affects only player owned units and I think there's a triggering in the "becoming invisible" part. To avoid them showing HP you have to set it's selection size to a negative value, set movement type to "None", probably make them as "wards" too, and off course, invulnerable. They would still be selectable, but won't display hp bar.

Level 10
Thanks for the help =D

I didn't want to make anyone invisible in the web, I was just giving a description of the web, but that might help if I want to in the future.

I wanted to make it a doodad, so it can be apart of the environment

Level 20
If you make it as a doodad, then select it and increase it's Z value (height). I'm not sure, but I think you can do it by selecting and pressing Insert or PagUp in the keyboard.

Level 19
Not sure, but I believe the web ground buff model has an animation that makes it move up and down all the time. If you make it a unit, you can easily set its animation speed to 0, so that it doesn't move.

You just have to weigh the pro's and cons I guess.;-)

Level 10
Ok I tried to get it to work using Teuncreemers way, and it still doesn't seem to be working. I think it's because the ability is meant to look like that when it webs someone to the ground, not sure, thanks for the help guys though, appreciate it =D

Status
Not open for further replies.