• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a spell!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don't know if this topic are in the right place, but i really need a help with this spell that i'm trying to create.

I want to combine "Web" (activated undead ability) with slow poison, the idea are that every unit affected by Web loses hit point over time.

This will be an Hero ability of a Spider hero that i'm creating...

first i'm try to combine this two effects only by ability editor, because i'm a noob and don't know to make triggers commands.

thx.

Level 39
Just trying to fuse the two abilities together with the editor is not going to get you very far. In general it just doesn't work that way; you will have to use some triggers. (Unless @Kyrbi0 knows something I don't about ability fusion xD) What you will need to do is create a second ability based on Shadow Strike or Soul Burn (there might be other Damage Over Time abilities in wc3 I'm not thinking of right now) that will do the damage you want. When Web is cast you'll create a dummy unit, give it an expiration timer, give it the DoT ability, and order it to cast on the target

• Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to WEB
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target Unit of Ability being cast))
    • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at TempPoint facing (Target Unit of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
    • Unit - Add DOT_ABILITY to (last created unit)
    • Unit - Set level of DOT_ABILITY to for (last created unit) to (Level of WEB for (Triggering Unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Firelord - Soul Burn (Target unit of ability being cast) //or use the Shadow Strike order if you based your DOT ability on Shadow Strike
As long as Web and the DoT have the same duration then when web ends the damage ends too. If Web can be dispelled in your map you will need to make a slightly more complicated trigger so that the damage doesn't keep happening after Web is gone.

Level 2
Oh..... thank you vey much... this will be very helpfull, i'm not a realy expert in Trigger, but this gave-me a north to follow!!;)

to be honest, i spend today at least 5 hours trying to doing something with trigger, but i'm only alredy made a dummy that doing physical damage, on target but i can't remove all of them, if the spell are used several times conssecutives.:(

thank you:)

Level 2
Just trying to fuse the two abilities together with the editor is not going to get you very far. In general it just doesn't work that way; you will have to use some triggers. (Unless @Kyrbi0 knows something I don't about ability fusion xD) What you will need to do is create a second ability based on Shadow Strike or Soul Burn (there might be other Damage Over Time abilities in wc3 I'm not thinking of right now) that will do the damage you want. When Web is cast you'll create a dummy unit, give it an expiration timer, give it the DoT ability, and order it to cast on the target

• Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to WEB
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target Unit of Ability being cast))
    • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at TempPoint facing (Target Unit of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
    • Unit - Add DOT_ABILITY to (last created unit)
    • Unit - Set level of DOT_ABILITY to for (last created unit) to (Level of WEB for (Triggering Unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Firelord - Soul Burn (Target unit of ability being cast) //or use the Shadow Strike order if you based your DOT ability on Shadow Strike
As long as Web and the DoT have the same duration then when web ends the damage ends too. If Web can be dispelled in your map you will need to make a slightly more complicated trigger so that the damage doesn't keep happening after Web is gone.

This configuration of Dummy works Perfectly, i'm just finish to test... Again, Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.