• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Attack {what's the best ability for a custom attack?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, whats the best base ability to use for a custom attack? Or is there a way to make the channel ability uninterpretable, because I use an arrow movement system for my map, and when I use the attack ability, the unit stops, attacks and then continue moving. What I want is a way for the unit to cast the ability, play its attack animation and still continue moving.

Any suggestions welcome.

*Custom Attack - The normal attack has been disabled, it uses an ability to mimic an attack

Level 13
Hi, whats the best base ability to use for a custom attack? Or is there a way to make the channel ability uninterpretable, because I use an arrow movement system for my map, and when I use the attack ability, the unit stops, attacks and then continue moving. What I want is a way for the unit to cast the ability, play its attack animation and still continue moving.

Any suggestions welcome.

*Custom Attack - The normal attack has been disabled, it uses an ability to mimic an attack

Use wind walk or item divine shield and set its duration to 0.01

event-unit starts casting an ability
condition-ability being cast equal to wind walk/item divine shield
actions
animation-play casting unit attack animation

Well, then make a dummy unit in the center of the map with no model (Abilities - Tree of Life Upgrade Ability) and range of attack 99999.00.
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • A unit gains level
  • Conditions
    • ((Unit type of (leveling hero) equal to (your moving unit))
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set (dummy's) unit level to (level of (your moving unit))
Make the dummy have stats as your hero unit (the moving unit) and refresh its inventory with the item(s) acuired by your moving unit and go to Object Editor, changing Stats - Hero - Hide Interface Icon, set it to True (this goes for the dummy hero, so that it doesn't show up in the interface as an extra hero). Then,
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
    • (((Issued order) Equal to (defend)) Or ((Issued order) Equal to (undefend)))
  • Then
    • Unit - Order (your dummy hero) to Attack once (your target)
Base your "spell" off defend, so that it meets no "casting time" problems, or, if you want a target, have a channel based spell with Art - Duration and Follow Through Time to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.