• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Burst Basic Attack Spell with attacking disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need a mix/mashup of Gatling Bot and/or Voodoo Drain.

Pretty much a rapid fire attack that is ability based, while still being able to move, and that looks like this: starts about 1 minute in but in a burst form.

Cast ability on target unit > 10 seconds attacking target > Ship can move in that time > Stops attacking but ship can still move with no stop/delay > ability goes on cool down (unselectable) > repeat...

Problems that I am having:

The ships have no other attack. No basic attack - no auto attack - no right click to attack - no hot key attack - I removed the attack/patrol/move and so on icons completely. Everything is done by an ability. On my map - all normal ways of attacking are blocked and disabled. To attack you must use an ability!

I have a sort of work around so far using a trigger with a custom - Item ability (Gloves of Haste).

I guess I need to just use Gatling Bot and modify a few things but I don't know what to change or how half of that system even works, or if it will even work with how I want it?

Does anyone have a simple solution, or just start with Gatling Bot and tweak as I go until I get it right? I just don't know how to incorporate the ability / cool down element into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.