• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abilities overlap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I'm wondering if I use some same ability as a base to trigger different custom things and give two of the same base abilities to one unit then when I cast one of them it bugs and tries to cast both spells when I click one of the icons. Is there a way to avoid this? It's just that I need one more spell ability triggerer and I'm starting to run out of options and hunting the object editor for an ability I didn't use yet lol :D

Level 8
Well, afaik you have to seperate the spells via a spellbook, but that would be a bit stupid. Can you provide us with a bit more information about that spell. Maybe we can think of a different solution then.

Level 33
Base it off of "Channel" ability
You can find it under Abilities Tab -> Neutral Hostile -> Heroes -> Channel
Change the "Data - Base Order ID" to something else
And also, change the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" to same as Base Order ID
This can prevent from the ability to overlapping each other
Change the "Data - Options" and tick the "Visible" box, to see the spell being list in UI

Level 5
Base it off of "Channel" ability
You can find it under Abilities Tab -> Neutral Hostile -> Heroes -> Channel
Change the "Data - Base Order ID" to something else
And also, change the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" to same as Base Order ID
This can prevent from the ability to overlapping each other
Change the "Data - Options" and tick the "Visible" box, to see the spell being list in UI

And nothing changes, upload test map noob :ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

Level 33
You must forget one of the old spell and replace it with new one
Example:
You have a spell called Fire Blast and Scattering Fire (both are created on same Base Order ID)
One of the spell, you must delete/replace it with new spell that comes from Channel-based ability (as I've told you where to find it)
From there, you'll know what to do

Level 19
most good spells in the spell section are based of channel
use one of them

and you have to enable "options" - "visible" and you should probably change follow through time to a smaller value (unless you want to stand there for 180 seconds)
further you might want to disable "disable other abilites" and set base order id for all 3 levels to the same ability

Level 5
most good spells in the spell section are based of channel
use one of them

and you have to enable "options" - "visible" and you should probably change follow through time to a smaller value (unless you want to stand there for 180 seconds)
further you might want to disable "disable other abilites" and set base order id for all 3 levels to the same ability

if i change all 3 lvl to same ability then how about other abilities? make new "channel" ability for every ability? :ogre_rage:

Level 5
Unsolved! all day trying to make it work but no use no one is really helping, i know you know how to do that but do it again then test it and post picture or map cuz i'm gonna bumping this thread till i solve this problem.

Level 33
Test map attached to make it clear for you
Check in the Object Editor and such for Channel-based ability usage
You must remember, Channel is just a dummy, fake spell that is used to avoid the overlapping abilities only
The spell itself, doesn't have any unique benefits like heal a unit, or even damages enemies
It's mainly used for Trigger-based ability
Check out the Trigger Editor too in my test map, I had to use dummy unit to cast a spell, casted from a dummy ability, Channel
In the test map, at your left, there is a Blood Mage with 2 abilities of the same Base Order ID, when you cast one of them, both spells will appear to have been activated at the same time
Whereas at your right, the Blood Mage has 2 abilities that have same function, but different Base Order ID, therefore, there will be no overlapping of abilities issue for that unit
Notice that the Channel ability, I changed its "Data - Base Order ID" from "channel" to "charm"
You can change to whatever you want except retaining its current Base Order ID which is "channel" or other Base Order ID that have the same Order String with any other abilities to a (1) unit

Attachments

• Channel-based ability test.w3x
    13.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.