• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Abilities cause crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hivers. So I took some item abilities and converted them into unit abilities and when a hero buys an item he gets one of these abilities. However, in multiplayer I'm afraid after some time on of them makes the game crash! One of them or all of them, I don't know... When I buy an ability the bility is added on the hero and it;s not shown in any of the slots, exactly what I want. This is kind of bonus at begining of the game.
The abilities are:
Item permanent str/ag/int bonus
item permanent health bonus
Item permanent mana bonu
item permanent damage bonus
Item haste
Item movement speed
Item health regeneration
item mana regeneration

Do you know why they make crash? What can I do to fix this?

Level 13
Nope. I have used these abilities extensively without crashes, except Movement Speed and the HP/Mana bonuses because these don't stack and are useless; perhaps it is those?

How big are the numbers of these abilities? Are they outside the world edit default max? I would only think something could go wrong horribly if you started huge numbers, but even then i'd be doubtful that these abilities would cause problems.

A (non-hero) unit might crash the game if it gets its hand on the str/agi/int bonus; check that.

Level 12
Nope. I have used these abilities extensively without crashes, except Movement Speed and the HP/Mana bonuses because these don't stack and are useless; perhaps it is those?

How big are the numbers of these abilities? Are they outside the world edit default max? I would only think something could go wrong horribly if you started huge numbers, but even then i'd be doubtful that these abilities would cause problems.

A (non-hero) unit might crash the game if it gets its hand on the str/agi/int bonus; check that.
Can confirm. EXP tome, and any hero attribute tome (not manual of health) will crash the game.

I agree. I don't think these abilities will cause crashes on their own. It is either with triggers or some strange combination of abilities / unit types (hero vs non-hero, etc) that are causing the crash.

Level 12
Check your crash logs.

Warcraft III Frozen Throne\Errors
^ crash log path ^

Open up the txt file and scroll down to 'memory dump'. The very last column has lots of dots and random letters that are seemingly complete gibberish. These letters represent the issues that may have caused the crash.
How to read them? Go to your object editor and press "cntrl + D". Now all your object data is gibberish too. Match the gibberish together to find out what exactly causes the crash and try isolating the issue. Sometimes the random letters are written backwards.

E.g. if the footman unit is causing the crash you will lots of "hfoo" and "oofh" in the last column.

Hope it helps.

Check your crash logs.

Warcraft III Frozen Throne\Errors
^ crash log path ^

Open up the txt file and scroll down to 'memory dump'. The very last column has lots of dots and random letters that are seemingly complete gibberish. These letters represent the issues that may have caused the crash.
How to read them? Go to your object editor and press "cntrl + D". Now all your object data is gibberish too. Match the gibberish together to find out what exactly causes the crash and try isolating the issue. Sometimes the random letters are written backwards.

E.g. if the footman unit is causing the crash you will lots of "hfoo" and "oofh" in the last column.

Hope it helps.

0019FA00: 00 40 60 C6 00 40 3A 46 00 40 60 C6 00 40 3A 46 .@`..@:F.@`..@:F

I don't see any ID line here dude

Status
Not open for further replies.