• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] more permament gain items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have items that, when acquired, give permament attribute bonus, permament health bonus, and permament attack bonus. Items that are automatically used when acquired.
IS there a way to create items that give... permament attack rate increase, movement increase, mana increase, regeneration increase and so...?

I have an idea, will it work if I pick an item ability like scroll of haste(item) and set its duration to 0?

Level 21
The abilities that can be looped are:
Damage - There's a tome for that. (You need items)
Health
Mana

I'm not aware of others being possible to loop, so I'll go over the other stats in turn:
armor,attribute bonus(green numbers),attackrate,lifereg,manareg, sight range - ability has to stay on the unit. It also seems that negative attack rate abilities don't work, so you can't use them for the whole range.
movespeed - using the boots of speed ability for this isn't a good idea since they don't seem to stack. As such it might be impossible to modify this stat reasonably through abilities. What I did was that I triggered movespeed changes instead.

There are some morph abilities that might be possible to use for glitching stats. E.g - chaos, dark conversion. I have not tested them thoroughly.

Level 12
I triggered health regen and mana regen in my map (not for all units - just for heroes and units with certain items) and made 3 tomes out of them - mana regen, health regen, and both (though less than the others).

I also made a gold/second tome, since you gain money over time like in Dota.

I also made a tome to add a hero skill point, and a another one that adds 1 lumber (lumber is used to learn abilities, hero skill points are used to increase strength, agility, and intelligence in my map).

I was thinking of making one to modify the respawn timer, but I don't have a system in place for that, yet.

If you have an attribute modification system, you can set it up to work with any stat you can modify like that. It will display as a bonus, though.

Level 13
It also seems that negative attack rate abilities don't work, so you can't use them for the whole range.

I'm curious, when don't they work? :eek: If you have a -AR ability on a hero for the Object Editor I'm pretty sure it slows down their aspeed ingame

I also made a gold/second tome, since you gain money over time like in Dota.

I also made a tome to add a hero skill point, and a another one that adds 1 lumber (lumber is used to learn abilities, hero skill points are used to increase strength, agility, and intelligence in my map).

So you basically just have triggers that run when a unit uses a tomes item type? If that's what you're doing, why not just give 1 gold to every player rather than giving them tomes that give them gold? o_O

Level 24
@Xonok
Attributes can also be increased/decreased using tomes...
But who the hell cares about tomes?

why not just give 1 gold to every player rather than giving them tomes that give them gold? o_O

He said "gold/second" aka gold per second.
So that player will gain like +0.1 gold per second (which means 1 gold per 10 seconds per tome)

You could try something like BonusMod.

Status
Not open for further replies.