• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Abathur essence mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want a mechanic like the Essence mechanic in SC2 Co-op Commanders. I want to make it, so if a unit is killed, it will drop "biomass" which then can be taken by the unit that touches the "biomass".
When a unit gains biomass, it will be upgraded to a better unit - this i already know how to trigger. I just need help to make essence able to be picked up by regular units.

Point of reference:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If you don't want your units to have an Inventory there is an alternative method:
  • Order Use Biomass
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Biomass
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Use Biomass for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Use Biomass to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Batrider - Unstable Concoction (Target unit of issued order)
  • Cast Use Biomass
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Use Biomass
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- Upgrade the Triggering Unit (caster) --------
This uses an ability based on Channel (See attached picture "channel" for ability details).

I use a Unit to represent the Biomass, which is Invulnerable and owned by Neutral Passive.

When you right click a Biomass, the game adds a hidden ability to your unit (if it doesn't already have it), and then orders your unit to cast this ability on the Biomass. Once you reach the Biomass and begin casting this ability the Biomass is destroyed and you can do whatever you want from there (like upgrade the caster).

Attachments

• Biomass Example.w3m
    17.8 KB · Views: 19
  • channel.png
    channel.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 7
If you don't want your units to have an Inventory there is an alternative method:
  • Order Use Biomass
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Biomass
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Use Biomass for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Use Biomass to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Batrider - Unstable Concoction (Target unit of issued order)
  • Cast Use Biomass
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Use Biomass
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\AnimateDead\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • -------- Upgrade the Triggering Unit (caster) --------
This uses an ability based on Channel (See attached picture "channel" for ability details).

I use a Unit to represent the Biomass, which is Invulnerable and owned by Neutral Passive.

When you right click a Biomass, the game adds a hidden ability to your unit (if it doesn't already have it), and then orders your unit to cast this ability on the Biomass. Once you reach the Biomass and begin casting this ability the Biomass is destroyed and you can do whatever you want from there (like upgrade the caster).

Works exactly like i wanted it to - Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.