• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A variety of questions {using an imported gun / what icon for a magic pen on/off?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
(1. Could someone offer a suggestion as to how one should go about using the sentry gun offered on this page (SentryGun - The Hive Workshop.) It needs to be (a. against the wall, (b. able too attack, and (c. able to be rotated (if I have too make 2 units, one facing left, and one facing right, that would be fine, the the turret only looks good from those perspectives.
(2. Could someone offer a recomendation in regards to a good icon for shutting off and turning on power (for the dalaran "magic pen" doodad, also, this question is really about two icons.)

Thank you:grin:

Level 18
1)
uhm I think the sentry gun itself rotates, so create a new unit, and give it the sentry gun model, now change fly high and remove movementspeed, if this wont work, then try if the walls got some attachment points, maybe you can attach the sentry unit on the wall then.. with the other stuff, just change the position so it fits well with the wall (if attaching wont work)

Level 7
1)
uhm I think the sentry gun itself rotates, so create a new unit, and give it the sentry gun model, now change fly high and remove movementspeed, if this wont work, then try if the walls got some attachment points, maybe you can attach the sentry unit on the wall then.. with the other stuff, just change the position so it fits well with the wall (if attaching wont work)

I sort of like the attachment idea, how would I go about doing that? My apologies for my ignorance, but I'm a bit of a novice (well I'm probably a 6 out of 10.)

Status
Not open for further replies.