• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Way of using imported Icons, How!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys, this is something most of you doesnt know about i think :O

I played some maps on battle.net and noticed that some of the got LOTS of imported icons, maybe 100 or so.

I thought, this must be over 2MB and then i saw the filesize itself was 4MB (With models and all), and it made no sense.

I single playered it, and looked on the inventory of other units, one of the had a "Hammer of Light" item and the icon for it was Divine Shield.

When i bought the item myself, there was a imported icon of a Holy Hammer, and when i paused there should be a Green Icon but there is a WC3 icon.

The DISBTN they use are all WC3 icons, that way they save 50% of all Icons they import.
They replace the green box that should appear somehow...

I want to know how to do this on Items.. its really important because my map is 7MB and i want it down a little so i can add some skins and models to it.

Hope you understand and can help. Thank you.

Level 18
I know what you mean and I think (I`m not sure) it`s that you import only BTN set it`s path to the BTN of icon you replace (for example to path of BTN of Divine Shield) and the DISBTN (like when you pause game) will be still DISBTN of Divine Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.