• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A True Hero Siege!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've noticed that all of the hero sieges on Battle.net aren't really HERO sieges...they're Hero defenders! I thought it would be cool to have an established fortress that your hero and units could raid!
The best example I can think of would be taking a Helms Deep style map, slimming down attacking forces, and entrenching the defenders.

Different modes could be included in the finished product including...
Normal clear
Time Attack/Race the Clock
Team Race with 2 identical fortresses to see who reaches the end first

Possibly, if the map gets made and the creators are willing to do more, a campaign (solo or seperate multiplayer maps) could be made featuring different stages that increase in difficulty.

Level 24
Would be cool if there spawned creeps each x time and they would follow your rally point from a base so you could attack from different angles and so the scouts of this base would prepare for this attack by switching side on the walls.
So what your hero would do is to kill the scouts and support the spawning creeps.
A so if one side is unprotected you will win a small part, but if your plan is already revealed it will in most cases end in failure.

Level 34
Spawning + waypoints + Fortress with doors = Bad combination.

They run against walls then and try to kill the archers (unreachable) but get killed.

Level 3
The different between this and a Helm's Deep map, is that I'm trying to add more strategy and variation too it. I'm avoiding the mass X and eventually you'll break down their horribly defended door, then eventually make more units than them and get in their base and win, crap.

Potentially, I may not have the units you spawn be something you directly control (think Bomber Command). Or maybe you only have control of certain units (like the Captain of the Squad, and the rest of the squad patrols behind him). I'm really not sure where, or if I'm going anywhere with this so hey, that's why it's on the idea board.

The most difficult part about this is making an AI that would be just enough of a challenge. Or making the thing "balanced" but interesting. There are quite a few ways to take this and even more modes within that, so I don't really think it's solid enough to say it's a ripoff of another map yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.