• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A translation in Latin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
It's been a long time since I have loged in
(although I visit the site every day).

Anyway.
About a month ago, I asked to have some phrases translated from English to Italian. Shadow Fury helped me and case solved!

However,
this time I need a smaller phrase to be translated in Latin.
Dark Night
That's the word.
I have tried google translate, but it translates it as Mergitur Noctem which I believe is wrong.
Through research I learnt that mergitur comes from mergere which means merge and I don't think that noun fits there.

Aaaaaaanyway.
Bottom line because I already lot a lot of s .
If someone knows latin, in a good or advanced level, please translate the phrase Dark Night.

Thanks a lot.:grin:

Level 36
Nox can be used, but I'm pretty sure nox is most directly translated to "night",
which makes the sentence odd: "Night Night" >.> (Nox Nox).

Tenebris and Obscurum are alternatives, personally I'd go for "Obscurum Noctem",
although "Nox Noctem" does also sound pretty badass, even though what I previously
said. Also, acerbus is a weird word, it basically translates to "tart", or acrid, as in the
"acer" bit of the word.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It helps you incredible learning other languages, since especially the ones from around Europe and America have their origin in Latin.

Italian ? Spanish ? No problem if you 'speak' Latin.
French, German, English ? Latin helps you a lot.

If you enjoy languages I would recommend you to take a course in it.

Level 21
It helps you incredible learning other languages, since especially the ones from around Europe and America have their origin in Latin.

Italian ? Spanish ? No problem if you 'speak' Latin.
French, German, English ? Latin helps you a lot.

If you enjoy languages I would recommend you to take a course in it.

I'm Italian and honestly I hate Latin. It just... sucks. It's a dead language, nobody uses it anymore. Those who study it just do that because they like the language. It does help in learning European languages, I won't deny that, but the language simply sucks hard. My mother, who studied Latin as well, nags me sometimes to let me learn a little bit of Latin but I always refuse. I used my Italian to learn English and French so I don't really Latin in any way.

As for the translation, oh crap, I asked my mother but she doesn't remember :/

Status
Not open for further replies.