• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A thousand compile errors by BLIZZARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

I've been working on a massive RPG for the past 2 months. Recently I encountered a flaw, and I downloaded some spell packs that were aprooved and working. I imported them, like they're soposed to be imported.

Now my JNPG is screwed. Whenever I try to save a map (Any map, even one without triggers, or MUI, or GUI, or anything, not even imported data) it displays 1831 errors, from which most appear as "Unknown variable" or "Unexpected call at line etc" or syntax mistakes, when I'm not using any triggers, whatsoever, not even imported data. :ogre_rage:

I tried everything. I re-downloaded JNPG, I re-installed my warcraft, I even tried to start the project again but the errors are preventing me from working, because it takes 5-10 minutes just to save my map, and I have to save every 20-30 minutes, that only leaves 50/60 minutes of work per hour. :thumbs_down:

The weird side? All the errors appear to be from a script that appears to be saving the map, "World editor" appears in many of the scripts that I see. :eekani:

Screenshot will be posted soon, altho I doubt it'll help with anything, if you need details just ask them and I will supply them. :sad:

Level 16
Peon Power!!

Moin moin =)

Was this map anyhow used with World Editor unlimited or something other mystery editor?

Possible you have no triggers, no variables but you possible have a map script. Go to the Trigger Editor, there you see on the left side your map name and click on it and see if there's a script on the right.

Well, next step would be merge the "empty" trigger data, because then this error cannot be, because with no trigger data, no trigger errors can happen =)
Or you changed something in the JassNewGen folder?

What happen when you open just a new clear map and double save it?

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 28
it takes 5-10 minutes just to save my map, and I have to save every 20-30 minutes, that only leaves 50/60 minutes of work per hour. :thumbs_down:
50-60 minutes of work per hour? Your math is infallible :D (you can work on it for 30-50 minutes every hour :wink:)

The screenshot(s) could really help identify the problem though, as they (should) provide a part of the script where it all goes wrong.

Either way, here are a few JNGP settings that could screw up a lot if they're not correctly set:
  • "Grimoire" --> "Disable WE Syntax Checker" should be ENABLED.
  • "JassHelper" --> "Enable JassHelper" should be enabled and the rest disabled.
  • "Reinventing the Craft" --> disabled. I don't think it works with the latest patch, not sure though.

Level 3
Moin moin =)

Was this map anyhow used with World Editor unlimited or something other mystery editor?

Possible you have no triggers, no variables but you possible have a map script. Go to the Trigger Editor, there you see on the left side your map name and click on it and see if there's a script on the right.

Well, next step would be merge the "empty" trigger data, because then this error cannot be, because with no trigger data, no trigger errors can happen =)
Or you changed something in the JassNewGen folder?

What happen when you open just a new clear map and double save it?

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom
True enough I have not checked the map header, but it can't be that, I started a fresh map all over again, therfore nothing was pasted there.
I did also disable syntax checker and the grimmoire.
I also didn't mess with any folder at all. What happens is, I work on a map, and when I save it, thousands of errors show up.

Level 3
Hm, I'll need a screenshot to speculate any further.
(Just for the record: this does NOT happen in the regular WE, right?)

No it happens in JNPG, haven't tried in the normal editor.

Does the editor have a screenshot button or anything? Perhaps you can recommend me a screenshot software, because I have none.

Level 28
Does the editor have a screenshot button or anything? Perhaps you can recommend me a screenshot software, because I have none.
How about pressing "Print Screen" on your keyboard?
It can be abbreviated as: Pr Sc, Prt Scr, or any combinations of that.
You know, above the insert/delete buttons.

The screenshot can be found in Program Files\Warcraft\Screenshots.

Oh, and perhaps you should try the regular WE as well?

Level 3
How about pressing "Print Screen" on your keyboard?
It can be abbreviated as: Pr Sc, Prt Scr, or any combinations of that.
You know, above the insert/delete buttons.

The screenshot can be found in Program Files\Warcraft\Screenshots.

Oh, and perhaps you should try the regular WE as well?
I'm on a laptop, there's no print screen :/

or after pressing PRNT screen, open paint and paste it there so that you can save it as .jpg...

so even a map which has no triggers won't save?
The problem is not that it doesn't save, the problem is it causes lots of saving time, probably messes up some stuff in-game too, does not create any backups, so if I lose a map theres no backup, and it's simply not normal.

And yes, even a trigger-less map does that.

Level 13
He is running Windows 95 with Intel Pentium II and with 64 MB ram :) Btw if you can't create a print screen post your map if it doesn't take days. If it runs on our JNGP then you made a bullshit at yours. I haven't seen laptop without Prt Sc button LOL. Something new today :D

EDIT: You can create and post an image of your keyboard :D And I can recommend Start -> Run...
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32\osk.exe
( Screen Keyboard ) - That should contain Print Screen button

Attachments

• Screen Keyboard.JPG
    Screen Keyboard.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 102
Level 3
Apparently it works with the normal editor, nevermind then, +rep to all who helped properly.

Also, I didn't mean it doesn't have a button, I meant the command overrides with prtscreen, it's on the same button as delete, when I press prtscreen, it deletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.