• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A terrain generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
this might fit jass or triggers as well but this seems suitable as well.
Is there anyway you can have the game generate fairly decent terrain by a command?

Level 34
What exactly do you want it to do? There is this.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing change as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 6 and shape Circle
You can also place doodads by making them destructibles and creating them.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing change as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0

Level 34
That type of way suck IMO, Gilles, I think he means to create an entire terrain field, too. But, yeah, it's possible.
And Dillbert posted the trigger.

It does suck, but it's the only way I know of. Dillbert posted what trigger? Who's Dillbert? The comic character?

Level 25
A terrain generator? I've attempted making one of these several times. Though you'd pretty much have to trigger each part of the terrain and the player would have to command each trigger some how, either through text or dialogues. Maybe some other way. Hard to make and requires a lot of time. Good luck!
~Craka_J

Level 9
You could make units with abilities like 'place tree' in game maybe. Basically like the tree summoning spell in dota, but the trees don't go away. Actually that could be fun, a map where you and your friend shape the earth... a god map :p now this gives me an idea!

Level 9
What about an in-game World Editor? Wouldn't that be neat? Being able to create your world and play in it at the same time? Sounds awesome IMO.
~Craka_J

Oh man, that's an awsome idea Craka. You could have like two teams, and each one would have to make a challange for the other team to surpasse or something...you'd be able to play doodads, units, terrain height, tilesets, special effects, and each thing would cost a certain amount of gold to buy, so there'd be a limit. Then the other team would spend their money on units and they'd have to attack and beat the challange. You'd be able to choose from a bunch of game types, like capture the flag, AoS...

iron_warrior snaps back to reality

Whew. Close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.