• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A story. A Map. And Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im writing a story/script for a map a couple of my friends and I are making. They are really eager to make it and do terrain and triggers well but they are..too damn lazy to read this and i can write what i think is total crap and they still think its good.
So i thought i ought to post it here and see if any professionals can tell me what mistakes i have and such because its my first time ever doing something like this.
In advance: Sorry for the fail grammar and the wierd names. Im not good at names.. Anyhow, try to enjoy.

Prologue

In the age of chaos, factions fought for generations until 1 of them emerged victorious.
Humanoid races, united under 1 common purpose of rebuilding the world and forging a new,shining future flourished for decades to come,following the end of the war.
In time however their ideals grew apart.

The Humans, always blindly carving for power started harvesting it however they could, sacrificing humans to gods and demons, praying for the power or simply destroying evrything that had more power than them.

The Immortal Elves, once majestetic and gentle beings moved back to the forests, they turned into cold, feral beings who wanted nothing to do with the ones they had once called "Lesser Races".
The few who remained in the civilized lands were treated as scum, most people despised them for having long life spans and strong affinity to magic.

The Dwarves, who have always carved for only riches of the earth and nothing else continue their ancient ways. Since they bow down to noone and share nothing however, they have become enemies of the human kingdoms who which to steal what they have.

The Orcish tribes, being unable to select a new warchief after the mysterious death of their old ruler battle daily in order to prove themselves the rightous rulers of the vast grasslands of ******.
Although orcs usually cannot use magic, they turn to darker,more sinister ways to achive their victory, twisting earth itself in the process.

After the great war, noone has heard or seen any goblin. The day the war ended it would seem like they simply vanished off the face of the earth.
However, deep below the forsaken northern wastelands the Goblins have found a new master, one who they are willing to serve until their dieing breath..

Residing in the north, the Giants have risen from the earth, disturbed by war drums and deep mines of the goblins these Giants, once gentle shapers of the world have become chaotic beings who wish to destroy any and all who have disturbed them.

Im gonna skip the tutorial part since it includes alot of tips and such. Also, the quester choices=a player who chooses a chat option in quests/events where you can interact with a NPC. As an extra to the choices, each such interaction also has a PAUSE possiblity to discuss what choice to take with the rest of the group.
For diffrent choices you can obtain reputation or lose reputation with a certain group. Having a high reputation with someone gives some bonuses,most common bonus being the ability to learn some spells the group has.

The Desert of Zazuur

As you leave the bandit camp, a strange man in black appears before you.
Stranger says: Be hold.. wanderers.. I am Aranos.. and i have seen the future.. many hardship await you.. and there are many choices
which need to be made.. YOU will be the ones to make them.. proceed with caution.. wanderers..
quester chat choices:
1.Umm.. yeah.. Fuck u too.
2. Who are you and what do you seek from us?
3. Were but mere commoners.. what can a commoner do in this chaotic world..
4. I do not need some pathetic prophet who hides behind a robe to tell me what is and what is not,Begone before i get angry!

reactions:
1. Foolish one.. you will learn.. in due time.. All in due time little mortal..(diseapears)
2. I am but a shadow of past, i seek nothing.. i only carry out my duty..in due time however.. you will know who and what i am.. or was..
3. Evry man and woman who walks the earth can forge it as he pleases.. all you need is the Will to do it young one.. (diseapears)
4. same as nr 1. (diseapears)

TIP: Many interactions have influence on your reputation with a certain group. Check Quests for more info abt rep.

As you leave the bandit camp, a strange man in black appears before you.
Stranger says: Be hold.. wanderers.. I am Karanos... in my dreams i have forseen the future.. many hardship await you..
in this crewl and and there are many choices
which need to be made.. YOU will be the ones to make them.. proceed with caution.. wanderers..

quester chat choices: 1.Umm.. yeah.. Fuck u too.
2. Who are you and what do you seek from us?
3. Were but mere commoners.. what can a commoner do in this chaotic world..
4. I do not need some pathetic prophet who hides behind a robe to tell me what is and what is not,Begone before i get angry!

reactions:
1. Foolish one.. you will learn.. in due time.. All in due time little mortal..(diseapears)
2. I am but a shadow of past, i seek nothing.. i only carry out my duty..in due time however.. you will know who and what i am.. or was..
3. Evry man and woman who walks the earth can forge it as he pleases.. all you need is the Will to do it young one.. (diseapears)
4. same as nr 1. (diseapears)

after man diseapears a woman runs in and says
"Quickly you Fools, as soon as the fires burn out the hyenas will be here, follow me, il show you to safety!
choices:
1. Hot ass baby.
2. Very well,lead the way!
3. You were a Fool to cross us in the wilds.. the (soon to be named hyenas) will trouble you no more..(attack woman)

reactions:
1. "... Follow me u idiot." cutscene end, woman starts running towards nearby village
2. Then come! Quick! cutscene end, woman starts running towards nearby village
3. players attack the woman

Without woman dead,x nr of (soon to be named hyenas) spawn, if woman is dead,a few extra spawn

If woman alive,runs for village,ignores hyenas,has invulnerable armor,no collision so hyenas cant block her

Players forced to run, in the back(in the direction of the slaver camp) slow moving hyenas move towards them,forcing them into a canyon.(they could have immoliation with high dmg but no special effects so they are just slow moving creeps and when u stay near em u get dmged)
In canyon, hyenas attack the players(the hyenas have weak hp and attack but theres Lots of em) the canyon spreads up into 2 ways, 1 way goes village,other goes to hyena cave, Before the path spreads into 2,the slow moving hyenas in the back stop,but remain there so u cant go back into the slaver camp
The path to hyena cave later ends up together with the village path. Players can go inside the hyena cave,but inside there will be stronger hyenas. When they enter the cave, text in read appears "You read a sign saying: WARNING THIS IS THE BREEDING GROUND FOR HYENAS,DO NOT WANDER HERE,HEAD FOR THE VILLAGE"

When players reach village then

1. WOMAN ALIVE: Cutscene:

Elder: "Welcome back Mara, the whole village has been worried about you, what have you been doing?!
Mara(woman who saved players): Im sorry, i was helping the people who broke free from the slavers.
Elder: Helped them?! We do not help outsiders! You should know our laws! You! Outsider! You must go! NOW!

quester choices:
1. We are tired and hungry and we have fought the whole night.. could we atleast get a little rest and head out in the morning?
2. You and you Pathedic village! We want nothing of you! We will be gone in a moment!
3. We just broke free from slavers and now you drive us out like animals.. Are you even Human?!

Responses:
1.50% chance for elder saying "Very well.. but at dawn, you will be gone..." 50% chance for "NO! Begone Filthy outsider! The only thing you thing that will grant you rest in this village will be Death!"
2.Damn outsider. May the desert take you and your filthy kind.
3. IF talker has "Tribal" as character history then elder says: Very well.. you shall have your night here..
if not,eder says: I do not need to listen to outsiders,Be gone.

2. WOMAN DEAD: CUTSCENE:

Elder: What is it that you seek here?..

Quester: Mearly refuge.
We seek nothing and we shall leave at once. We want nothing to do with tribal filth.

Elder answers: 1. Our laws do not allow Outsiders to enter the village. Or actuly... have you seen a young woman nearby here?..If you help us find her,we can offer you anything..
2. BAH! BEGONE!
Quester response to 1.= Im sorry, but we have not seen anyone..
2.= Yes, we have seen filthy tribal scum who dared cross our way. She suffered even in the very end.
3.= Yes! We saw her running behind us! But the Hyenas..they..they.. ..

Elder Responses: 1. Well.. it was foolish of me to expect an outsider like you to hear or see Anything!(goes inside village,players not allowed in)
2. You.. Monsters.. Fiends.. Even if it costs me my life.. You Die here and NOW!(attacks players)(village turns hostile)
3. I see.. i will have my warriors find the body tommarow.. Come now, rest.. you must be tired.. (players allowed entrance to village)

------------ IF PLAYERS DONT GO INTO VILLAGE OR ARENT ALLOWED IN: Hyenas run around the village, whereever you go they spawn, in a couple of mins morning comes,hyena spawn stops.

----------- IF PLAYERS GOT INTO VILLAGE AND WOMAN ALIVE

Cutscene,morning comes, Mara(womah who saved you) comes and tells you "Im sorry, but you must leave now, our village has rules that are never been bent like they were for you,i wish you farewell."
Player: Farewell, may your tidings bring joy and happiness(1+ rep for smth good)
Bah.. Foolish little tribals and their rules, may your village rot in hell! (1+ rep for smth bad..)
Goodbye.(neutral)

----------- IF PLAYER GOES INTO VILLAGE AND WOMAN DEAD
In the morning,cutscene,a woman comes to tell you "Im sorry.. but you must leave now.. our sacred lands are not allowed to be walked by outsiders such as yourself.
Answers: Farewell.
I thank you for assisting us. (1+ rep for smth evil, since u killed a woman of the village and then lied to get in and then in the end u even Thanked them for helpin u..)

HERE ALL 3 STORIES END UP: WHEN MORNING COMES THEN TIP ALL PLAYERS

TIP: You can get quests,obtain new spells and continue the main story line in major cities. Also note that you can spend nights in small villages in order to pass into day again. However in some cases it might cost smth.
Note that Reputation if very important for some aspects of the game. If you want to access certain skills you have to have certain reputation. You dont have person reputation,instead your whole group shares it.

-------------Baranza; Closest village to the left,marked with 4.--------------
Nomad caravan,trader caravan,beggars

Quests:
1.1 Saving the beauty
1.2 Bring scorpid venom
1.3 Chef needs 5 flanks of meat!
1.4 Competition
1.5 A Proposal..

---------------------------------------------------------

1.1 Saving the beauty
A woman is being threatened by 2 bandits, a child is behind the woman.
Bandit 1 says " Pay up woman! You owe us the same that your husband did when he was alive! "
Woman says "Please! I have nothing! Please! I Beg You! Let me Go!"
Bandit 2 says " Thats no problem.. you an repay us in.. another way.. "
Woman says "You Filthy dog! Hei! You there ! Help me!"

Quester choices: 1.Stand back filthy dogs, how dare you threaten a woman who has just lost her husband?!
2.What is the meaning of this?!
3.Ignore and walk away

Response 1: Bandit: Another tough guy eh? Bring it on. (bandits attack players)
Response 2: Bandit: This woman made his husband load alot of money from us and then if he couldnt pay that Witch murdered him in cold blood thinking we wouldnt come after the money if he was dead!
Woman: He lies! I would never do anything like that! Please! Help me!

Quester Choices: 1. After dealing with bandits talk with woman, woman tells the player to come with her to behind a wagon so she could thank the player.
When player enters the area behind the wagon, the woman turns into a dark rogue and her "son" turns into a skeleton and attacks player.

2. 3 choices 1. Say youl help the bandits, that makes the woman turn into a dark rogue and her son turn into a skeleton
Before attacking the player+bandits woman says: I hate having to fight for my dinner..
2. Help the woman by killing the bandits, After dealing with bandits talk with woman, woman tells the player to come with her to behind a wagon so she could thank the player.
When player enters the area behind the wagon, the woman turns into a dark rogue and her "son" turns into a skeleton and attacks player.
3. One more chance to ignore the whole thing and walk away.

Rewards: XP equal to 3/10th of lvl 3 if u dont choose to ignore and follow her behind the wagon or kill her with the bandits.
If you help the bandits and talk to them after that you also get a little gold and +1 thief guild rep

1.2 Bring scorpid venom

A native asks you to bring him 5 doses of scorpion venom so he could cure his buddy.
Easy, go kill scorpions,get the venom,bring it to him.
Reward: 5 minor poison (used for poisoning daggers and arrows) and XP equal to 2/10th lvl 3

1.3 Chef needs 5 flanks of meat!

The caravan is almost out of food so its time for business!

Another gather quest. Just kill a few hyenas, loot their meat and bring it to chef.
Reward: gold

1.4 Competition

One of the Natives(nomads) asks you to deal with the competition that has moved in from other lands. He asks you to set fire behind 2 wagons, 1 of which belongs to dwarves and another which belongs to some humans.

You can do 3 things: Accept
Decline
Attack him, but if you do you are also attacked by guards since your only proof of his plans is your word

If you accept then you have to use the Torch item given by the quest giver behind the wagons.
When using it behind the human cart the cart is simply destroyed.
When you go near the dwarf cart 1 of the dwarves talks with you and says:
"You be lookin Mighty suspicious my good man. Too suspicious infact.. Why dont you explain to me why you sneak around like that?"

Quester choices: 1.Just lookin at your goods my good dwarf.
2.None of your business shorty.
3.Im here to set your cart on fire.
4.Uve seen nothing,uve heard nothing. (pay a large ammount of gold as bribe)

Responses: 1. Riight.. But you can watch from right here.. when you get close to the cart wel shoot you down. (when player aproaches cart too closely they dwarves attack)
2. Well. None of your business either. Now move along Before we get angry.(when player aproaches cart too closely they dwarves attack)
3. Your an idiot, you know what? "opens fire on player"
4. "smiles" Only sunshine and butterflies, nothing more to see here.

The only way to get to the cart peacefully is by bribing the dwarf. Otherwise ul have to fight the dwarves and kill them, only then you can set the cart on fire (note for your trigger,make it so all dwarves g2 be dead around the cart before it can be set on fire,If the player chooses NOT to bribe)

Reward: When you return to the nomad who gave you the quest you get:
: 7/10 lvl 3 xp
: If you bribed the dwarf instead of killing them all you get the gold you used to bribe+another 1/4th of it as your payment.
: If you killed the dwarf you get 1/8th of the bribe as your payment because people are suspicious of the nomad now.
: -1 for good rep, +1 for evil rep

1.5 A Proposal..
A man in black stands in some rather offroad and shrouded area,might be outside the village,but not too far.
When talked to says: Well hello there.. would you perhaps be interested in a little deal?
Quester options: 1.Continue
2.Ignore
3.say " You stink of death and blood.. i will cut you down with my rightous blade! "

1. Well... the people in the nearby oasis are ignorant.. i went to them, asked them to give offerings to the desert demoness, Aral, but those fools
threw stones at me for talking about worshipping demons.. those ignorant people must pay. I would like you to set these 3 statues around their oasis.. nothing more..
and i shall award you handsomely..
2. Ignored,the conversation ends.
3. the man turns hostile.

Quester options for 1. : 1. Very well, il do it if the money is right.(accept job)
2. No, your ways seem sinister, i am not some demon worshipper. (end conversation and walk away)
3. DIE HERETIC! (attack the man)
Quest is easy,play just has to play 3 statues near the oasis. Once placed, the player must return to the man.

Rewards: 10/10 lvl 3 XP
gold
-1 good rep, +2 evil rep

Consequenses: All current NPCs around the oasis disapear,even when some of their quests havent been done, a few lesser demons appear.

---------------------------Zalena Closest village to the right,marked with 5.------------

Quests:
1.1 What happened?
1.2 Cleansing the spirits
1.3 Revenge

1.1 What happened?
The woman can only be killed when you 1st talk to her, choosing "The others are dead.. well.. time for you to go aswell" instead of accepting the quest option.
That gives no rewards exept for -1 good and +1 evi rep.

Starts from an impaled corpse in the middle of the oasis, the whole village lies dead, a few fresh corpeses evry here and there.
Quest: Search for survivors
1 woman at some place,quest ends with her.
Reward: 1/10 lvl 4 xp

1.2 Cleansing the spirits

Woman: Those blasted ogres attacked us out of nowhere.. and for no reason! They butchered evryone but me.. even my husband and my only child..
Still.. their spirits must be clansed before the demons of the desert possess them.. pleace.. use this torch.. i cant do it..

Quest: Use torch on 8 bodies(the only bodies which are more or less still in shape)

Reward 3/10 lvl 4 xp

1.3 Revenge

I want vengeance.. i want justice.. go south into the ogre stronghold and slay their leader, Arshak'Khuraz, i will gather whatever supplies are left and
grant them to you as a reward should you succeed.

Quest: kill the guy. hes in an ogre stronghold. together with LOTS of other ogres.

Reward 15/10 lvl 4 xp
A bow
10 poison
gold
1 plate armor
1 cloth armor
+1 good rep

---------------------------Argu'nur'ala'min, marked with 7.------------

An oasis controlled by cultists and priests who worship demons. Neutral fel hounds(named desert devil dog) run around the camp.

Quests:
1.10 Ingredients
1.11 Brainzzzz...
1.2 Life to lifeless
1.3 Deadly disagreement

1.10 Razuul in Argu'nur'ala'min asks you to bring him 2 desert devil dog horns, 3 chumps of hyana meat

When you manage to bring him all that, he spawns an abomination next to him and you get rewarded.
Rewards: gold
3/10 lvl 5 xp
+1 evil rep

[/COLOR]
And this is where it ends. At the moment atleast.

Level 11
I Will try to read this later as I see that nobody has yet given attention on this

Status
Not open for further replies.