• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A simple model edit request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
guys, can somebody help me to edit this model?
I want it to be like this,
on that model you will see that the skull will face to our screen no matter what we do, nah I want that simple square model also do the same thing. ;) thanks

Edit:
I have searched around and find that it's called billboarding
So how does billboarding work? Well, full billboarding rotates the object with the camera no matter how the camera itself rotates. So whether you move on the X,Y or Z axis, the object “follows” you. The other type of billboardings act on a single axis. So how can you tell on which axis should you billboard your object? Hard to tell. Depends on your mesh. For example, our effect must definitely remain fixed regardless of the facing of the unit. If the unit moves, all attached effects rotate with it. We can prevent this to happen by activating billboarding on the Z axis. But if you view the unit from above, the plane will actually look like a plane. You may want to prevent this by activating a full billboarding.
but still I can't understand how to make it :p

Attachments

• Button.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 106
Level 16
For one thing it's not the mesh that needs to be bilboarded, its the bone. Second, the bone was facing the wrong direction and wasn't even aligned with the mesh, the reason it wasn't working when you played the animation, it disappears. For actual model editing and full control I recommend 3ds max, model editorors are limited at most.

It's like he said but it doesn't help you if the model or bone is incorrect.

Attachments

• Button B.mdx
    1.7 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.